[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evening /biz/, bored banker/licensed notary here. Been a longtime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Evening /biz/, bored banker/licensed notary here. Been a longtime lurker on the board and figured I could help answer some common questions I see here or hear from people jumping into the markets, getting into home buying, or their personal finances. Just keep in mind I am not a financial advisor! I'll keep my answers as candid and unbias as anonymity Can let me!
>>
how can i purchase nigger
>>
>>2238322
Can you explain taxes on cryptocurrency?

Is it (money out - money in) * tax? Is turbotax ok to file the gains?

===============
Also what do you think about NVIDIA?
>>
File: 1492904173512.jpg (252KB, 544x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492904173512.jpg
252KB, 544x960px
>>2238322
I have about $13k worth of credit card debt. What are the pros and cons of declaring bankruptcy vs working off the debt?
>>
>>2238322
What are your general views on this board, do you think good discussion on both crypto and non-crypto goes on here?
>>
File: What the fuck man.jpg (84KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck man.jpg
84KB, 550x413px
>>2238322
>Be faggot OP
>Post
>Leave without answering a single question
>>
>>2238338

No clue, I've only had one person ever come in regarding Bitcoin and it was to put an alert on his account so no one would flag him for suddenly adding hundreds/thousands of dollars in cash for no reason. That was some months ago and was also how I came about finding this board. Pretty nifty stuff.
>>2238393
Definitely work it off if you can. I'm not sure if you're in the US, but unless it's an insurmountable amount for you, you should work to clear it. Future credit institutions and loan peeps not only see your credit score, but how much/little you pay off and how long it took you. Generally the more consistent you are the better, and the better debts paid off as well.

>>2238394
It's pretty clear that 90% of posts on here are people pushing their crypto to inflate the prices and give themselves better prices to sell at. No one ever goes out of there way to say "Look, friends! You should definitely buy this for your own well being and because I care for you" when money is involved. Same generally goes for products anyone would offer you at a branch of a bank.
>>2238827
I do apologize about that, figured it would take awhile for my post to get any traction and I decided to make dinner first before settling in.
>>
>>2238322
Do you think crypto makes a good compliment to index funds? (got a 401k that invests with Vanguard)
>>
>>2238862

As of right now that's a bit hard to answer. The market for crypto has definitely exploded over the past few years but I'm personally still doubtful over anything outside of Bitcoin and probably ETH having any lasting power. In the mainstream market BTC is considered a great longterm investment, but anything outside of that is a hit or miss I would say.

I'm a firm believer in Crypto getting huge in the future, especially now with "internet freedoms" at risk due to politics. Which ones float and sink is the real issue when it comes to investing though.
>>
>>2238827
>>2238841
Fair enough. It had been 20 minutes and the thread was close to dying

So do you work as a teller at a bank then?
My question is this: how exactly do you sell a savings account/MMDA with piss-poor interest rates? I just don't understand why anyone would willingly put money in an account that pays like 0.05% interest when you can just go to GS Bank or Synchrony and get 1% or higher.
>>
>>2238919

Most people are lazy and want a quick and easy place to "save" their money. With a typical saving account here the interest % is abysmal and people only create them as a place to store their money as a mental note to not spend it. These are usually people who work middle class for a living and save out of necessity, or at the very least for the sake of saving money. 30k saved into an account is the bare minimum for the savings that is actually worth it for the interest, and even that isn't all that much.

tl;dr: most people are lazy and just want the feeling of saving money as they move money from account A to B.
>>
This might be too broad of a question, but do you ever see smart contracts (like those used on ethereum) possibly being expanded to use in some sort of new financial instruments in the future? Or do you think crypto/blockchains will forever just be used by banks as a method of keeping transactions and amounts held safe?

https://www.capgemini-consulting.com/resource-file-access/resource/pdf/smart-contracts.pdf
>>
>>2238322
Which country are you working from?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.