[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think future generations are going to hate us for all this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1476596668291.png (118KB, 413x486px) Image search: [Google]
1476596668291.png
118KB, 413x486px
You think future generations are going to hate us for all this crypto shit? Are we the next Boomers?
>>
>>2215545
I think the government is going to ban this shit and the whole thing will just be a footnote in the history books.
>>
File: f66.png (240KB, 662x540px) Image search: [Google]
f66.png
240KB, 662x540px
>>2215550
Not if we ban the government first.
>>
Even though I've hated 97% of all crypto threads made on this board, it's certainly interesting to see how human behavior plays out roughly the same way, regardless of the market.

It's also interesting to see how shockingly naive and desperate people can be for quick cash, which I guess is what causes spikes away from moving averages.

Definitely a interesting case study of how humans react to a market, and confirmation that we tend to form the same sort of patterns of behavior no matter what we trade in.
>>
>>2215550
Government won't ban it if they can make money on it, the major question is how do the regulate it to get taxes, seeing as that's kind of the whole niche of crypto for the average sperglord
>>
>>2215581
Probably taxes on commercial transactions like value-added taxation. This would give the government an ability to earn from transactions, while retaining the anonimity. Interpersonal transactions won't have this though, so they would need a higher percentage. Just my 2cents on this issue
>>
fuck the government
>>
>>2215581
>Government won't ban it if they can make money on it

Why is online gambling illegal then?
>>
>>2215545
No, why would they? What are we really doing?

Honestly this whole crypto thing is kind of strange, isn't it? You can play it like day trading penny stocks and make money, but it's supposed to be currencies we're buying and selling, and I don't think anyone who has made money on an altcoin ever planned on actually spending the altcoin.

It kind of says to me that we all know deep down that there is no future in crypto, that eventually maybe not even Bitcoin will remain. At some point we might see a shift from Bitcoin to Etherium, but this stuff ain't the money of the future. In 20 years, we'll still be buying things in USD. It isn't like housing or job markets where the traded objects have an actual use, and it isn't like the stock market either because it doesn't pay dividends. It's almost like a simulation of paper currencies, or some weird Zynga game or something.

I don't know. I don't think we're hurting anything long term. At this point it's just a matter of who's going to keep trying to play the game after it's all over. Who knows how much longer it will last, but the only reason any of us want bitcoin is because it has a value in fiat, and when it doesn't, no one will want it. It's just a matter of figuring out the endgame bagholders, making our money and getting out before it's all totally over forever.
>>
>>2215652
It isn't in most countries.

You are presumably from the USA - There is no real reason as to why it is currently banned. From what i've read it's an extension from a law from the 60s to make interstate gambling illegal to hurt organised crime.
>>
>>2215665
Tell me, if bitcoin were to reach it's 2010 prices by the end of the year, would you buy in?
>>
>>2215573
>It's also interesting to see how shockingly naive and desperate people can be for quick cash

This is most interesting to me within the scope of 4chan alone.

I've been on 4chan for 9 years or so, and I'm 22. I only just started coming to /biz/ a year ago, mostly sticking to /r9k/ and /b/. The amount of poorfags desperate to improve their lives on this site is shocking - well, maybe not really, given the memes of the community.

Like many users, I didnt even know that there was a board for this for a long time. When I was unemployed for a short time last year, and desperate for a buck to pay rent with, I discovered this place - robin hood generals were like crack to me. It was back during the time when Pimple was around tossing out sound investment advice, I asked him if I could take my last $50 and pay my rent and he told me not to try to get in the game with my attitude because it is not get-rich-quick type stuff. I listened, I did research for a year, and now I have found myself in crypto. I've started small and am working my way up.

I think many users come here from other boards out of desperation like I did, because 4chan is the only thing they really know.
>>
>>2215695 That answers this question >>2215692
>>
>>2215550
Just like the government banned torrenting?

You can't ban it. It's decentralized and encrypted. You would literally have to shut down the Internet.
>>
>>2215692
In a heartbeat.
>>
>>2215692
Would take a very serious position in it.
>>
>>2215692
Probably not, honestly. I already have a little BTC, but most of my money is in alts right now.

To me, it seems like BTC/ETH is the way to go with large amounts of capital, and alts are an avenue for poorfags. I can only afford so much BTC - less than one, even if I saved my spare cash for months - but I can throw that BTC at alts right now. Alts can grow by a much more tangible amount for my financial level - if an alt doubles, so does my money, and seeing an alt double in this market is much more likely than seeing BTC itself double, which means my chances for getting started are higher with alts. So unless I manage to make a lot of money doing what I am, I probably wouldn't hold BTC.
>>
>>2215712
They can ban exchanges so people in the USA wouldn't be able to cash out. What do you think that would do to the price of BTC?
>>
>>2215570
yep if the government bans crypto i have nothing to lose i will make sure they pay
>>
>>2215545
Yes. In the future people are gonna be like "You millenials had it so easy. You just stuck a few grand in Bitcoin and now you're all millionaires!"

It's like the boomers and house prices x1000
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.