[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you /biz/ cucks have your series 7 license? I am supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1473649692674.jpg (47KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
1473649692674.jpg
47KB, 800x440px
Any of you /biz/ cucks have your series 7 license? I am supposed to take my test in a few days and I'm super stressed.. Don't even know if this shit is worth it.
>>
>>2211423
i used to always want to be on the floor of the NYSE throwing fancy signals with my hands wearing those cool jackets but i fell for a meme degree that wasnt STEM
but what kind of money do brokers make anyway?
>>
>>2211435
They can make damn good money, my current role is in operations and I support them so I see their accounts and payout and shit. That being said most commission based shit can make big money if you can hustle though so idk
>>
>>2211423
6, 63, 7, CFA here.

The tests are a joke. The CFA exams are really the only challenging ones taken.

Did you study? Does your firm do training classes? Did you take a practice test or three? If so, you're fine. A passing score is a 70 iirc. Literally a waste of a day, but a necessary evil.
>>
>>2211687
They bought me a book but I've had to teach myself because I'm at a pretty shitty entry level position.
The thing I'm worried about is all of the specifics and little dumb things.. Just need to pull through with a 72 though..
Are you an analyst? Do you like it? I've wondered if you can make real money in finance outside of sales...
>>
>>2211435
Unfortunately open outcry is almost completely dead. I'm not sure, but the CBOT middle still use it. It is a dead art for the most part, though.
>>
>>2211765
Anh.. Sales is okay. I was actually a national leader in GWIM at B of A before 2008. Now I'm an analyst at Citadel, which is far less stressful and day now interesting.
>>
>>2211776
Day now = far more
Was autocorrected.
Regarding self study - if you want peace of mind take a practice test online. There are free samples out there. Nice for an ego boost and confirmation that your work want for naught. It's good to go in knowing "I got this."
>>
>>2211776
>>2211792

That's funny, I work in GWIM. Managed products, Merrill one stuff
I don't know if I would be good in sales, but I'm thinking about it. I would like to do something more analytical but I don't know if there is real money there. Something with business development or private equity would be the dream but it's hard to find information on career paths that I am interested it. Everything at GWIM is the opposite of what I want though I know that..
>>
>>2211984
I worked out of the office in Lincoln RI before we acquired MLFPS. I saw the writing on the wall and that's when I started grad school. Joined the Boston Security Analyst Society, did my MS in Financial Engineering and then too a job in NC where it's like 70% the cost of living.
>>
>>2211435
My dad and uncle were both one of those for the Chicago Mercantile Exchange back in the day. But yeah like this anon said >>2211766 its pretty much completely done for, as is the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.

My dad made his money and fucked off to a foreign country back in 2005.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.