[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think this is a really good idea? After reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: mOaoxFd.png (38KB, 1680x955px) Image search: [Google]
mOaoxFd.png
38KB, 1680x955px
Does anyone else think this is a really good idea? After reading the whitepaper, it's super obvious that it's going to be a big deal.
>>
The massive obvious flaw is that google have to be willing to let their main revenue stream die to let it get big.

Oh and the problem with bots farming tokens. And how the team behind it don't want it to become deflationary and have spoken out against people hoarding the token (as if no one spends the market dies)

Good team, ridiculous idea in the real world
>>
File: PW9EiHw-.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
PW9EiHw-.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>2208222
> literally everyone uses adblock and noscript
> project that makes you willingly pay for ads
> thinks its a good idea
>>
>>2208249
>The massive obvious flaw is that google have to be willing to let their main revenue stream die to let it get big.
They don't give a fuck about adblock plus, why should they care about bat ?
>>
since every retard on this board thinks it's not a good idea, it's fucking bound to be a huge success! I'm going to throw at least 10 eth on it just going by that.
>>
>>2208281
if you get payed for watching ads, would you? I bet many kids would
>>
>>2208249
The system is accurate enough to detect fraud. googles entire ecosystem inherently cannot do what this is doing.
>>2208281
they are paying you
>>2208322
yeah, the only people who seem to dislike it never actually read about it past a reddit post or something. dumbies can't help it i guess.
>>
>>2208304

Are you retarded? Google don't care if people block ads, the majority don't, they care about advertisers and publishers paying to use their services and then gouging them some more. BAT would cut google out the equation (with the end user being the new middleman that gets a tiny cut in comparison)
>>
>>2208355

Where have they said their system detects fraud? Literally no fail safe for that built into their spark based browser.

They pay you in tokens you can only tip publishers of the ads with, not real money. They have suggested you can eventually cash it out on the exchange but that's assuming it survives that long.

Let me guess, you read every white paper for icos and they all seem to be the best idea yet for crypto and they are GUARANTEED gains?
>>
>>2208322

Every time I browse /biz/ I wish I had started collecting screen-caps of all the time /biz/ was wrong, which is pretty much always. I have no opinion on this topic though
>>
File: 1460208790650.jpg (42KB, 544x499px) Image search: [Google]
1460208790650.jpg
42KB, 544x499px
>>2208222
checked.

i actually think its a great idea but have concerns.

Mainly
a) fraud. how will this combat advertising fraud. so many people will catch on to the fact they can make money viewing ads so will use bots and other scams to fraud the system
b) big companies will and already have boycotted the brave brower because they've been btfo'd by the anti-ad software
c) why use BAT's? why not just eth?
d) im a brainlet but i know theres other problems.

i probably will buy i just dont know if its cheaper before/after launch.
>>
>>2208281
and btw, not everyone uses adblock, in fact not even 50% of browsers use adblock, typically more like under 20%. You make it very obvious that you don't know what you're talking about.

>>2208400
>>2208469

>Where have they said their system detects fraud? Literally no fail safe for that built into their spark based browser.

you don't understand the actual problem but are pretending you do because you're a dumb faggot

advertisers need to detect fraud quickly and accurately. The brave browser and BAT allows them to do that. fraud is mitigated. advertisers already do it, but it takes a long time and costs even more money. It's a retarded system that this can optimize very easily. advertisers and publishers will have no reason to not encourage this over the current system. it will save them time and money. users have a faster browser with, whether you like it or not, personalized ads, and are paid in lower data/power usage and BAT from seeing the ads.

publishers are happy with the advertisers being happy. all that is needed are users. BAT isn't Brave Browser Token. It's Basic Attention Token and will be used for more than a browser. it is a tool for the digital ad industry.

>>2208400
the last ICO i bought into was WAVES, and I have made a nice amount of money on it. feel free to lick the sweat from my gooch.
>>
>>2208222
i'll try and snatch some tokens, betting that it might become a pita for some of the big players and they will buy it out.
>>
ends at 24 million instead of 15 million... /pass
I don't like last minute changes.
>>
>>2208655
that does annoy me for sure.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.