[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's a true believer? I know everyone here wants to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: bits.jpg (198KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
bits.jpg
198KB, 1200x900px
Who's a true believer? I know everyone here wants to make money, but who here actually believes in the ideas and technology behind BTC and crypto in general?

I do. It feels so satisfying to have complete control over my money, and be able to send it anywhere in the world without a middle jew. I truly believe 90% of financial transactions will be done through blockchain within 10 years
>>
I think crypto is the future. Most normies will never adopt it, but banks and businesses will use blockchain and especially smart contracts.
>>
I am and am not selling during this crash.

Crypto is a tool against authoritarianism. I want to see the despair and confusion on the faces of Chuck Schumer, Nanci Poloski, Barack Obama, Jeff Sessions, John McCain, and others when they find out that corporations have left the regulated economy and the United States dollar for the safety of the decentralized digital economy. Government thinks its all powerful, but it can't beat the future.
>>
>>2205608
Yeah, I think this is the great leveler of society in a lot of ways. When any person in the world can send money directly to anyone else, the stranglehold that banks have on the worlds miney shstem dissolves and the money will flow back to people. I'm a little more populist than libertarian about it I guess
>>
>>2205634
Blockchain is super libertarian too, you can literally be both, blockchain is quite nice desu.
>>
File: 22746696770_6216b9d23d_z.jpg (44KB, 506x298px) Image search: [Google]
22746696770_6216b9d23d_z.jpg
44KB, 506x298px
>>2205569
I truly believe that the world was on the verge of this freedom and the jews and banks wouldn't allow it. They were probably seeing their empires burning as crypto gained such massive popularity and market cap. The news didn't report it achieving a $90b market cap to increase confidence, no, but you can bet your fucking life they'll report this downturn on every goddamn channel. It's the JEWS!!!
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 194x259px
I fucking love the technology. I've got a massive idea in mind and maybe now that the market can cool off a bit we can focus on the tech and the true purpose of it. *spoiler* It's not to get rich, it's to save humanity and the world.
>>
Blockchain will change the world. The problem now is that its so poorly understood. Even by savvy tech people. Normies still dont have the vaguest clue. Were lucky enough to be able to invest in something revolutionary before almost anyone else. Even a big chunk of current bitcoin holders are just speculators who dont know anything about the underlying technology. Those who do realize what a gold mine they're sitting on.
>>
>>2205726
Tell us senpei
>>
this is like the opposite of a no coiner cope thread
>>
>>2205603
normies will adopt it without realizing they are using it. Kind of how normies don't realize they are using TCP/IP every day.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>2205742
no. but I will post it in this board when I'm finished with the whitepaper. In short though the limited reach of crypto, barrier to entry and the fact that it literally is all online and intellectual with pretty much 0% physical interaction or reward for any physical activity makes it a closed loop system. It needs to break out of that and into the real world. I'm going to try to bring together Blockchain, AR, GIS and physical labour as a reward system. The world has a lot of issues that need to be addressed and it takes manpower to do it but nobody is willing to pay. I'm going to figure out a way for people to get payed crypto by becoming self reliant irl. If you know clever people in any of these fields who would embark on such a mighty quest I'd really like to know about it.
>>
>>2205706
During the last ATH high they thought it was cute not this time they have been quiet.
>>
>>2205569
>It feels so satisfying to have complete control over my money

You will always be at the mercy of coin exchanges and the market. How do you have any control over the ups and downs of any bitcoin?
>>
>>2205569
I am very, very, very much. I'd rather not go into details as I'm really tired, but don't be sad at this price drop.
>>
>>2205799
>bring together Blockchain, AR, GIS and physical labour as a reward system.
Awesome.
>>
>>2205569
I do. I'm waiting for it to dip more before buying. then i'm gonna hodl like a mofo
>>
>>2205807
Volatility is going down and the price is going up over time.
>>
File: 448a5bb1211f15a5c0600a.jpg (157KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
448a5bb1211f15a5c0600a.jpg
157KB, 550x413px
>>2205810
thanks senpai the idea has been driving me nuts for months and I'm convinced after reading so many whitepapers that most of the tech already exists except for a few databases that I need to build. I also need great engineers and developers of course because I'm not one. Just anon with a dream of a better world, but greed always seems to bring it crashing down. One day anon, one day..
>>
>>2205569
I too fancy the idea of eliminating the middleman and fees, but I have encountered fees at every step of my journey into crypto. Coinbase, bitcoin ATM's, and even the software wallets charge fees for each transaction. Please refute / explain!
>>
>>2205853
Use GDAX instead of Coinbase. Lower fees.

Transaction fees will always be a part of bitcoin, but once lightening is live fees will be negligible again.

We just need to activate segwit.
>>
>>2205853
The hard part is converting, because the banks still control usd. Barrier for entry will go down with more competition, and once everything is converted to crypto, the fees are agreed upon by the network, and it basically goes back into the pool. I think. I'm honestly still learning about the tech
>>
>>2205862
Fees are fees. But still, the people who built the software and the technology have every right to put fees there. Even Venmo transfers are cheaper/faster at the moment IMO.
>>
>>2205866
I also doubt anyone would feel safe putting 100% of their fiat into crypto. One hack or forgetting a wallet's info and you're fucked. At least banks have tons of fraud prevention and decades of experience dealing with fraud and are insured. There is no such insurance for crypto...
>>
>>2205884
There are plenty of people who are 100% in crypto.

It's not hard to not lose your money, just stay safe anon.

Banks only deal with shitcoins.
>>
Bitcoin and cryptos are dead, time to submit your resume' to mcdonalds
>>
>>2205899
Brave...ETH is dipping hard, and I'm wondering if I should buy more or just wait and see what happens. I'm not really sure what my financial goals are (lol lamboz), but this crypto thing goes deep.
>>
>>2205608

Oh, sure. And Dems are going to just sit back and do nothing after their historic waves in 2018-2020, right?

Today's Bernie supporters will literally want Federal hackers taxing every crypto you've got to pay for their healthcare and basic income.

It's coming. The Republican Party as we knowing is done for at least a generation after this Russian thing is over. That's what you get for electing an orange retard who had everything handed to him by Putin and was too fucking dumb to even hide it properly.
>>
>>2205569
I believe that Ethereum as a platform can be relevant until Bitcoin deals with its political issues. It has the benefit of a dictator, corporate support, and an upcoming PoC (kik koins).

ETH is also being treated as BTC Lite as-of late so that's nice.

I believe in BTC for 10 years. Afterwards, >>2205082 will become a major issue. Miners will not cut their greed to hard fork to a non-ASIC algo in time and it will be the downfall of BTC.
>>
>>2205906
I'm an ETH bear, bullish on bitcoin though.

I'd like to see $500 bitcoin again, but I think it's too late.
>>
>>2205917
>It has the benefit of a dictator, corporate support, and an upcoming PoC (kik koins).

None of those are benefits. Bitcoin will prevail.
>>
File: 1484247916423.jpg (21KB, 262x300px) Image search: [Google]
1484247916423.jpg
21KB, 262x300px
>>2205909
>That's what you get for electing an orange retard who had everything handed to him by Putin and was too fucking dumb to even hide it properly.
Leave and never come back.
>>
>>2205917
>>2205927
>None of those are benefits. Bitcoin will prevail.
This is correct. Bitcoin is great because it's hard to change. Vitalik has already destroyed ETH due to the hardfork.

Just wait until 90% of the ICOs fail and Ethereum starts to see scaling issues.

People love to forget that the only reason bitcoin has scaling issues is because it's successful.
>>
>>2205951
Nah, he's right. Trunp is probably the worst thing to ever happen to this country. Though some kind of multinational war would probably drive the price of crypto way up
>>
>>2205961
Satoshi was / is a fucking genius. He got Bitcoin 100% right the first time through. All these altcoin shitters are just pushing inferior products that have the same weaknesses as fiat.
>>
>>2205927
For a pump & dump and easy 4x returns, those are all benefits. I already said "until Bitcoin sorts its political issues" because rootstock is intended to be interoperable with eth VMs.

Read above a 3rd grade level please.
>>
File: 1481604321972.jpg (71KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1481604321972.jpg
71KB, 550x550px
true believers buy tencent/alibaba stocks.

Cypto coins in its current iteration is snakeoil. It's get rich quick scheme for charlatans. You think you can hold for 10-20 years? that's how long it will take. technology changes so fast by the time whatever form of crypto is used by tomorrows world, your btc is long obsolete.

this is what cypto nerds don't understand, despite them being nerds. Tech is evolving so quickly now that whatever comes will be superseded by something else overnight and you can't predict what comes next just like no one predicted facebook/google/web2.0. The best you can do is buy the stock of the companies that are behind the technology, not their product.
>>
>>2205961
ETH has a big place in the future. Bitcoin will be the new gold, and ETH will be the new cash
>>
>>2205971
He got it mostly right.

Mining centralization is an issue - Satoshi didn't foresee mining pools. It throws out the whole concept of 1 cpu = 1 vote. Hence the UASF movement.

>>2205988
good luck with your shitcoin anon
>>
>>2205909
>Historic waves in 2018-2020
>Immediately after losing their majorities in basically everything
>>
>>2206018
I mean that's pretty much how it goes. Democrats had total control (legislative/executive) under Clinton, then Republicans took total control under Bush, then the Democrats took total control under Obama, now the Republicans have control under Trump etc. Outside of the Supreme Court, the pendulum is always swinging.
>>
>>2205831
check out humaniq
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.