[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else here sold the peak? I've been treating this like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20170527_085044.jpg (199KB, 1253x1278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_085044.jpg
199KB, 1253x1278px
Who else here sold the peak?
I've been treating this like a game, not selling the peaks and buying back the dips is like turning off your old playstation after forgetting to hit save.
>>
>>2202812
how much did you start with and how much have you made day trading these peaks and falls
>>
>>2202812
how do you know when its a real peak though?

how do you know when the dip is deep enough?

share your wisdom anon.
>>
>>2202812
>27th
>living in the future
hey come on thats cheating
>>
File: no.jpg (7KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
7KB, 260x194px
>>2202812
>not selling the dips and immediately buying back to take advantage of carryforward tax credits for the next 20 years
>>
>>2202812
>>2202835
That Pepe will lose its value tomorrow
>>
>>2202820
I'm pretty new to all this so only put in a small amount to test the waters (also i'm a poorfag). Started the week with $170 and finished on a comfy $460. Waiting for tax time so I can drop a few grand in now that I know what i'm doing.
>>
>>2202828
A lot of it is just staring at charts but I did also have a sell point, which happened to be just below what I sold at. Almost got greedy and held, glad I didn't.
>>
>>2202894
Shit, meant to say my sell point was just below what it peaked to. Had most of my money in GNT but also some in ETH and LTC.
>>
>>2202812
So you got lucky, gratz. But this will work until it doesn't.
>>
>>2202856
>got lucky
>thinks it was skill

I hope you put your tax return into crypto so I can take it from you.
>>
>>2202812
love that picture
>>
>>2203880
>skill
Your words, not mine.
>>
>>2202812
Have fun paying taxes on short term gains
>>
>>2202842
That's illegal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wash_sale
>>
>>2203880
>crypto markets
>skill
>>
>>2204198
Is it?

"After a sale is identified as a wash sale and if the replacement stock is bought within 30 days before or after the sale then the wash sale loss is added to the basis of the replacement stock. The basis adjustment is important as it preserves the benefit of the disallowed loss; the holder receives that benefit on a future sale of the replacement stock.

Example: Some time ago you bought 80 shares of XYZ at $50. The stock has declined to $30, and you sell it to take the loss deduction. But then you see some good news on XYZ and buy it back for $32, less than 31 days after the sale. You can't deduct your loss of $20 per share. But you add $20 per share to the basis of your replacement shares. Those shares have a basis of $52 per share: the $32 you paid, plus the $20 wash sale adjustment. In other words, you're treated as if you bought the shares for $52. If you end up selling them for $55, you'll only report $3 per share of gain. And if you sell them for $32 (the same price you paid to buy them), you'll report a loss of $20 per share.

Because of this basis adjustment, the wash sale rule usually does not have a significant impact. In most cases, it simply means you'll get the same tax benefit at a later time. If you receive the benefit later in the same year, the wash sale may have no effect at all on your taxes."
>>
>>2202842
>implying the irs will ever know what trades you're making on a crypto exchange site
>>
File: jew-gold.jpg (424KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
jew-gold.jpg
424KB, 1162x850px
SELL ALL YOUR CRYPTO FOR MY PAPER!
THIS IS THE BUBBLE POP!
>>
Peak seller here
Comfy and gloating like a motherfucker in every thread I can
>>
>>2204187
have fun holding coins until you're in the top tax bracket and want to cash out at the... top tax bracket

imbecile
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.