[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am interested in trying out margin trading. Any margin traders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: margin.png (3KB, 191x58px)
margin.png
3KB, 191x58px
I am interested in trying out margin trading. Any margin traders have any advice? Also margin trading horror/success stories welcome.
>>
>>2198608
>Any margin traders have any advice?
Yeah. Don't.

I absofuckinglutely guarantee you will fail if you don't already know exactly what you're doing down to a tee.
>>
>>2198608
13 ETH gone instantly during the Krakening ddos (insider bullshit) made me promise to never do it again.
>>
I don't trust the liquidity of crypto for margin trading.
I like IC Market platform for Forex. You can make practice accounts and simulate your irl bankroll.
It takes a fair amount of practice to get the hang of all froms of trading. So it's better to make sure you know what you are doing before you implode your bankroll.
>>
Trade future contracts bro. Demand access from your brokerage #yolo
>>
>>2198608
Margin trading what?
Equities?
Contracts?
Crypto?
>>
File: 41mtH0wAZfL.jpg (22KB, 174x500px) Image search: [Google]
41mtH0wAZfL.jpg
22KB, 174x500px
You fucking idiots saying never are probably the morons who took movie watching electives and failed algebra in high school.

Leverage is used when you're trying to fit a smaller% price move (to stoploss) to a smallish% account risk. To make that smaller% price move match the risk to your account you want, you use leverage over 1. When your price risk % is greater than desired account risk, you use leverage in between 0 and 1 (meaning you size DOWN from your entire buying power to fit the larger price move risk to your desired account risk).

See this to get the rest of the idea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRCtBRsLPmk

Otherwise, just send your BTC here and make it easier on everyone:
1C8UhTU3kVXeSVD4AhtdmYvEFsQ51VDVpP
>>
File: compaqii-2.jpg (34KB, 499x295px) Image search: [Google]
compaqii-2.jpg
34KB, 499x295px
You'll need this:
https://a.pomfe.co/vlpssrl.xlsx
>>
>>2198845
crypto
>>
>>2198608
Don't use leverage when you are trading volatile shit like crypto's and pennystocks
Learn how to make the right calls instead and consistently make 10-20% gains. Be a millionare in a few years
>>
>>2198608
My advice:

Always keep 80-100% maintenance balance
Almost never close positions at a loss (but there are times where you should, you just have to know)
Don't get DDoS'd.

Back during the 2nd poloniex ddos with xrp and str crash, I had a margin position that was 0.3BTC profit. I clicked close because I was just looking to make some quick money, but it refused to close. I tried reloading the page but the ddos had already started. By the time I could use the site I was liquidated and lost like 6 grand. If I had more of my money in my margin account it could've really been ugly.

moral is: with ddos attacks and rampant price manipulation, margin trading is not a great idea.
>>
File: BullshitIsOVER9000.jpg (67KB, 599x450px) Image search: [Google]
BullshitIsOVER9000.jpg
67KB, 599x450px
Please see
>>2198915
and
>>2198961
>>
>>2199405
>crypto
Too bad.
I shell out hundreds a month for margin, but that's the one of the three i have no experience with.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.