[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd cryptos are all about privacy why do exchanges require

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1491358620438.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491358620438.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
I'd cryptos are all about privacy why do exchanges require my personal info before I can buy them?
Why aren't there any exchanges that use PayPal or Alipay to buy them instead of making things so difficult?
>>
>>2181675
laws of exchanges.

its for a way to track you down and pile evidence if you are under watch.

i signed up for gemini and still waiting verification since sunday.
>>
> I'd cryptos are all about privacy why do exchanges require my personal info before I can buy them?

omg are you serious
imagine if you were an identity thief, hacker, or scammer and wanted to cash out your coins for cash

yes, there are places where you can do that somewhere in the darknet, but obviously you won't be finding links to them anywhere
>>
>>2181689
>>2181690
Why not PayPal or requiring a bank wire transfer?
>>
>>2181675
Because those are the places you exchange them for fiat currency, obviously.
Once you own the coins you can tumble them and be completely anonymous.
>>
>>2181675
crypto does have privacy

fiat does not

whenever you exchange fiat for anything they need your identity
>>
>>2181709
banks dont recognize where you are wireing the money. same with paypal. hence the long ass wait
>>
>>2181762
How about sell crypto cards at 711s like for games except it'll be for cryptos?
Like steam cards for kids without debit cards?
>>
>>2181787
youll need a bank account to transfer fiat to bitcoin.

there are no kiosks in existence as of now where you straight up put allowance cash money in and transfer it to a bitcoin wallet.

the banks are the gatekeepers to this. you need a bank account to move large sums of money, even if you want to cash out your claims of bitcoin.

you can however provide a service for bitcoin or beg for tips and post your wallet address. but if you want to cash out, you need an account and an adult.
>>
>>2181821
I have a bank account but I don't want to give my personal info to the darknet
>>
>>2181675
so they can verify that you are legal age to trade...
>>
>>2182055
Why not ask for a brokerage account number then?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.