[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been investing in indie films lately. I've done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: top_banner_indie_film-1.jpg (57KB, 740x278px) Image search: [Google]
top_banner_indie_film-1.jpg
57KB, 740x278px
I've been investing in indie films lately. I've done 1-50% of the financing for several films and television shows. Many get recognition, many don't, but I've made more money than I've spent.

If you can deal with artfags, you should consider this.
>>
How do you get a return from doing this? Just ticket sales?
>>
whoa! are we discussing things other than memecoins?????
>>
>>2175296
How do I start?
>>
duuuude

i need about 50k . we can sign a contract you can take all the profits i just have a project that i want to lift off the ground
>>
>>2175319
Ticket sales, promos, sponsors, but in reality the most money is when it gets picked up by a production company or network.
>>
>>2175336
yes faggot
>>
>>2175357
>>2175296
no dude im serious, ive been making music videos and short films, some get accepted to feestivals some dont, ive been dreaming about meeting some crazy producer whos willing to take a risk on me, realistically how much youre willing to spend?
>>
>>2175296
lmao i make more with 100 bucks without having to interact with anyone, its called crypto
>>
how do you even get into this? like where do you connect with the people making the films? can you explain more specifically about how you end up making money?
>>
>>2175564
This.

OP how did you get into this? Let's say I have $50,000 I want to put into this. How would I go about doing it?

Does it require your full time attention? Part time? Or are you just funding? Is it more like a business that you're running or simply investing?
>>
>>2175296
Can you invest in those movies online? Or offline presence is a must?
>>
>>2175296

So my brother has been in film 10 years. Editor, then camera, and now is a director, shoots many commercials, etc...

He has a full 22 minute pilot. It's cut a ready to go. pretty good as far as pilots go, it has a host and is in the same category as Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe.

But he won't really pick up the phone. I keep telling him to call agents, networks, etc... Just keep cold calling people. But he says things like "that's not how this business works" "the idea could get stolen".

I'm a salesman and think he's just scared to put himself out there.

What does he need to do to get the pilot picked up?
>>
>>2175296
how do you find them?
>>
File: image_22.jpg (22KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
image_22.jpg
22KB, 500x265px
>>2175398
>dude I'm serious
>>
>>2175790
>full 22-minute pilot
I've been in situations like this. A guy has a pilot idea, screenplay/teleplay, even has the thing filmed. The thing is, in order for something to be picked up, it needs a full team. You need an EP with money, multiple producers, art director, a UMP with at least 4 PAs. You'll need to pitch the idea to all of these people (except the PAs, of course.), and try to get sponsors that fit the theme of your pilot. Hell, call IKEA up and they'll send you free shit so long as you put it on set.

My point is, even if his pilot is filmed, in order to be picked up, it'll need to be filmed again. The idea is to have a plan for distribution to networks (and streaming networks) BEFORE you even start filming.
>>
>>2175654
You have to be a big boy and have in-person meetings.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.