[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the real estate bubble in the US collapse soon? what percentage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: house.jpg (506KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
506KB, 1600x1200px
Will the real estate bubble in the US collapse soon? what percentage to you think prices will go down by? what are some good ways to learn about real estate, and how to prepare to take advantage of this when it happens?
>>
What bubble?
>>
>>2166016
isnt it a bubble right now?
>>
>>2166025
Is this 2007?
>>
Only if China's economy collapses first and all those foreign investors have to bail. I give it at least another 5 years.
>>
>>2166009

There's no bubble, the prices are so high because there's a lack of entry-level homes available.
>>
>>2166009
>housing bubble

You're 10 years too late
>>
>>2166073
>>2166071
>>2166054
oh ok, i stand corrected....anyway whats the best way to get into real estate, what percentage of your savings is good to have set asside for a downpayment?
>>
>>2166009

Don't listen to these tards op we are in a housing bubble. Prices keep increasing while real wages are not, now interest rates are slowly increasing. Its a matter of time until the whole economy collapses too. Stocks are over cooked, many people are taking their gains and getting out.
>>
>>2166141
Two major ways to play the game

1: Geography. Pay attention to international commodities and businesses in demand, focus on the boom towns. Oil is going to boom again soon within the year, so look into downtown real estate in oil counties of Texas and North Dakota.

2: Interstate competition. Ex-Californians are always being made, sick of paying high taxes so they move eastward and drive other places up. You've missed the Denver bubble by a long shot, but after a long period of depression, Vegas is ticking upwards again, for one example.
>>
>>2166009
there are housing bubbles but its a regional thing. Californians are leaving their rekt state and so major cities around Cali are seeing their prices go up because Californians are used to paying too much for everything. However other places are just catching up to where they should have been. I think there will be a catalyst that causes home prices to go down but it wont be because of the housing market. Like the bubble in the stock market or all the QE programs used by the Federal Reserve. So yes there will be a time in probably the next 5 years when Americas economy is in the tank again. I am buying precious metals, crypto and guns/ammo to take advantage of the catalyst that youre talking about. I would advise crypto if youre just starting out and dont have much. Its kind of in a gold rush right now and its hard to not make money,
>>
>>2166221
thanks alot
>>
>>2166221
the only thing is I feel like it would be smart to own at least one property...Where will you keep your guns,ammo and gold if you are renting and lose your place, dont get me wrong im definitely interested in those things, but a physically property seems important too...Thats one thing that really attractive to me about crypto is that its goood where ever you go in the world, even if you always on the go
>>
File: JoeRoganConfused.gif (2MB, 390x220px) Image search: [Google]
JoeRoganConfused.gif
2MB, 390x220px
>>2166025
You can't just say it's a bubble and expect everyone to believe you
>>
>>2166009
Did the real estate market even actually crash in 2008-2009?

Because it sure didn't here in Europe, even though the 2008-2009 crisis hit pretty hard.
>>
File: 1419928563486.jpg (33KB, 617x456px) Image search: [Google]
1419928563486.jpg
33KB, 617x456px
It kind of feels like a bubble right now since unemployment is still high and good paying jobs are increasingly scarce... meanwhile housing prices are still climbing. Go on zillow, pick a random area and you'll see tons of houses for obscene prices, and a scary amount of foreclosure listings.

I think it's a bubble, but it's not going to pop yet.

I'm in the same boat OP, I'm working on buying my first house with cash but I'm not going to do that until a market correction happens... I might be waiting 5 years for that. This market is too inflated even for somebody who is financially responsible.
>>
>>2166009

first of all, canadian/aussie bubble will pop first

second, its very hard to profit off of. short banks. buy the dip r ur best.options
>>
>>2166820

It was more or less US based because the Washington was like "everybody needs a house" and guaranteed really stupid loans that people would default in 2-5 years.

Second of all, this >>2166962

When this happens the US region will be affected but not to the extent of CA/AUS. I am predicting house prices to come down in US by 10-15% after such an event.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.