[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen to the economy if all the poorfags who spent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1495431257480.jpg (199KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495431257480.jpg
199KB, 960x720px
What would happen to the economy if all the poorfags who spent $5/day on cigarettes invested that money. Would good jobs be created as a result, or would we just have a bunch of people who worked food service until 65 retire as millionaires?
>>
>>2153052
when you buy cigarettes you're transferring it to a company that's investing it retard
>>
>>2153073
Investing it into selling more tobacco, right?
>>
>>2153219
Investing in mechanical engineering firms when they buy more cigarette rolling machines

Investing in tobacco farmers who invest in fertilizer companies and tractor companies

Investing in the market in general through employee 401ks

Etc

The world would be way better if these retards didn't smoke though, they're a burden on the healthcare system and desu we should start offering semi-mandatory (you have to at least start it) anti-smoking interventions it would probably start saving the country billions
>>
>>2153530
So you mean to tell me, having like $200 billion pumped into the stock market wouldn't change shit?
>>
>>2153052
I don't smoke and will never smoke. But cigarettes do make you look cool, advertise you to chicks who also smoke as a compatible mate, and they're a mini reward. I find smoking retarded but everyone has mini rewards: junk food, watching TV, etc. It annoys me when I have to justify that I like hamburgers or watching South Park, even though neither of those things have a societal value. but if you've never tasted a hamburger, why even live?
>>
>>2153707
It's not 200 billion pumped into the stock market, it would be really slow

And buying cigarettes IS pumping it into the stock market. Into cigarette company stocks and all stocks involved in employee portfolios.
>>
>>2153052
>implying that somehow corporations just hoard mountains of money and don't do anything with it
Are you in high school? Be honest now.
>>
>>2153838
>Apple
/Thread
>>
>>2153052
It depends on what they invested in, I suppose.
>>
Wealth gap would close. Inflation would rise. Less controll for the big guys, and lots of chaos
>>
Removing impulsive and reckless consumerism and materialism from the culture would just mean we'd have a different type of global economy.

Obviously just doing it over night would crash the economy, but that's not realistic.
>>
>>2153707
This money already flows into the stock market.
Also, most of the cost is tax, do goes to government wages and bank accounts. So definitely gets multiplied and loaned out.

Look up money multiplier, bank reserves and what it does for an economy, also how it does it.
>>
I still think you faggots are missing the point: smoking is a legitimate good. like I said here
>>2153781
In other words OP is asking what would happen to the economy if everyone who spent money on showers or toe nail clippers, or food invested it instead. That particular need would be neglected.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.