[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So since you have to keep a record of ever purchase/sale of bitcoins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: taxtime.jpg (12KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
taxtime.jpg
12KB, 261x193px
So since you have to keep a record of ever purchase/sale of bitcoins just as you would for regular stocks, how are you keeping your records in order?

Ideally I'd like to learn how this works and get set up before I jump into cryptos so uncle same doesn't kick my ass during tax time.
>>
Here's a question. Say I bought 1 BTC a year ago, and haven't added any money to it since. I have, however, made lots of money by investing my gains into other coins. If I transfer all of it back into my wallet and cash out, is it still long term capital gains?
>>
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Tax_compliance
>>
>>2128087
bitcoin tax logger - google a few
u input purchase price+dates
export all trades from exchange
autocalculates P+L
none seem to account for fees however
>>
File: 1493898312123.jpg (2MB, 1051x9709px) Image search: [Google]
1493898312123.jpg
2MB, 1051x9709px
>>2128133
I'll look into that, thanks. It's werid how it's not talked more often here given the high volume of trading that goes on. I'm sure I'm not the only one that want to avoid getting screwed at tax time
>>
>>2128087
most exchanges have histories you can check through and write down when you cash out. In Bittrex this is just under the Orders tab
>>
>>2128125
hate to break it to you, but every trade you made between altcoins is taxable
>>
File: daft_punk.png (832KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
daft_punk.png
832KB, 1680x1050px
>>2128132
So these are the 4 programs they suggested, anyone have any familiarity with them?

BitcoinTaxes
LibraTax
Kryptofolio+tax
BitPrices
>>
File: 1359902532106.jpg (4KB, 251x193px) Image search: [Google]
1359902532106.jpg
4KB, 251x193px
>>2128087
>live in a country where crypto currencies are classified as actual currencies
>no taxes on exchanging currencies
>laugh your way to the bank
>????
>profit
>>
>>2128750
If only we could all be so lucky.
>>
>>2128087
>being a bootlicker

by the time any of us will cash out there will be plenty of avenues to directly exchange crypto for cash
>>
>>2128378
And how is the IRS going to know when the exchange doesn't know who you are?
>>
>>2128936
no one is telling you to pay your taxes. if you want to risk tax evasion go right ahead, I'm not going to stop you.
>>
>>2128946
I'll pay taxes when I cash out to fiat, I'm not paying shit on a like kind exchange of property that they have no way of knowing anything about.
>>
>>2128957
I'm just glad you have all the facts before making your decision. most people on biz are just blindly running into taxes with hard dicks and no plan whatsoever. good luck on your evasion anon.
>>
>>2128935
I'm probably never cashing out desu famalam
>>
https://youtu.be/irm_15Pxh_Q

>tfw the government takes your money using threats of violence so they can give saudi arabia more weapons
>>
wait but idont want to do that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.