[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when will Monero get it's next leg up?? > Top 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: E3KA0Ug.png (58KB, 1966x1829px) Image search: [Google]
E3KA0Ug.png
58KB, 1966x1829px
So when will Monero get it's next leg up??

> Top 10 coin by Market Cap
> By far the best privacy coin (dash, zcash etc)
> HIGH adoption (darknet markets)
> Active development
> Large community (11k reddit subs, 15k Twitter followers)
> Listed all the top exchanges
>>
>>2122289
what exactly sets MONERO apart from BTC that ist private and BTC is not?
>>
Pivx is better than monero
>>
File: zcoin.png (11KB, 975x355px) Image search: [Google]
zcoin.png
11KB, 975x355px
>>2122289
It will get eaten by pic related.
>>
>>2122840
the fact that bitcoin isn't private perhaps?
>>
>>2122892
private like in not mineable?
>>
>>2122840

Bitcoin has a transparent block chain. Everyone can look at the blockchain and see how much money each addresses has and the addresses and amounts involved in transactions.

Monero offers the following privacy improvements:

stealth addresses - obfuscates addresses
RingCT - hides transaction amounts
Kovri - not ready yet but eventually will be a i2p router baked into the monero software that hides users ip addresses through i2p

Thus monero is the first fungible cryptocurrecy. That property makes it extremely valuable imo. True digital cash.
>>
>>2122919
didnt know that, thanks
the more i learn about cryptocurrencies the more i begin to think that BTC is just so valuable
because they were kinda the first cryptocurrency and have gotten a lot of publicity therefore
>>
>>2122917
Nigger killyoself
>>
>>2122917
no private like not spendable.
>>
>>2122917
Every blockchain transaction is public. It takes only a little bit of real world digging for law enforcement to connect the dots to real people and transactions. And then what happens? Oh, suddenly you can't spend your coins. You're flagged and shut down by exchanges. You're fucked, and as a result, the value and promise of Bitcoin is fucked.

There are some possible "privacy-enhancement" features in the works for Bitcoin. Right now, joinmarket will allow you to mix your coins and safely create several layers of transactions. It's like the cryptoequivalent of running down a hallway that opens to a room of mirrors and then running down another hallway and repeating. It's good enough to confuse most surveillance, but it's still not truly anonymous.

Monero, on the other hand, allows for truly anonymous transactions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.