[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I explain crypto's arent a pyramid scheme to my dad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
How do I explain crypto's arent a pyramid scheme to my dad so he will invest in an ICO with me?

>show him my gains
>son I invested in the past it was a bubble
>you can also lose money sell it now
>be careful son
>dont lose all your money
>>
My dad was like this too but because he lost like $20k in stocks when he was in his 20s. Wasn't until I showed him that I've cashed out more than I ever put in that he relaxed and stopped worrying about it. He still wouldn't invest though, he's very risk adverse because of his earlier experience, he won't even do stocks in mutual funds for a retirement account, he only does bonds.
>>
>>2115431
Live your own life, faggot
>>
>>2115454
I made 11k I just want him to get some profits too
>>
>>2115463
Then give him your money
>>
>>2115431
life is a pyramid scheme. Early adopters in things almost always get the best returns.
>>
you cant without lying, it is a literal pyramid scheme

not that you cant make money out of it if you get in early enough, thats why hundreds of 'alt coins' come out each week (pro tip, most are all started by the same set of people)
>>
>>2115451
This.

OP tell your father that you've already cashed out your principal and are just trading on profits now.

Also tell him you always use stop losses so he doesn't worry.
>>
>>2115431

If you have to convince him to do it, then don't do it.

If it goes to shit, you hear about it for the rest of your life.

You should only invest somebody else's money if they are willing to give it to you just by trusting you, without a need for much details. Then if it goes to shit, they will not make a big deal about it.
>>
>>2115451
Your dad sounds like a cuck. You wouldn't happen to have a black step dad would you?
>>
The underlying principle behind cryptocoins is the greater fool theory. The whole operation is "Can I trick someone into buying this LITERALLY useless piece of computer code for more I bought it for?"
And yes it's worthless, even paper money can be recycled, even if your bills lost all value, you still have lots of cotton paper to draw on or turn into paper airplanes and have fun with. If your bitcoins had 0 worth tomorrow, then there's nothing you can do with it. Just delete your wallet to try and free up space.
>>
File: 64654211.png (477KB, 2212x606px) Image search: [Google]
64654211.png
477KB, 2212x606px
>>2115454

/thread.

>"Dad give me your money I will make u rich cause 4chan shill thread coins."
>"But son you masturbate and play video games in the basement all day, I don't know if you know what you are doing"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.