[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been researching crypto currencies the last few days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 25e.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
25e.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
I've been researching crypto currencies the last few days and I don't get it why the government wouldn't ban cryptocurrencies once they become a threat to fiat currencies.
>>
>>2100402
You can't ban what is decentralized
>>
>>2100402

What would the basis of them banning it be?
>>
>>2100402
Because the government knows that banning freedom will eventually lead to soviet style stagnation and eventual death
Delaying it as much as possible while they line themselves with the new currencies is their best shot at surviving and staying dominant
>>
>>2100409
idk why is gambling illegal? the same thing will probably happen to crypto, you'll only be able to use government sanctioned currencies like ripple. buy ripple today.
>>
>>2100402
I think the best they could do would be to make it illegal to exchange their currency for bitcoin. That would make it harder and it would allow them to prosecute people trading local bitcoins. Seems like a huge waste of time and money so it sounds like something a government would be interested in pursuing.

Sounds like it would be a good shift from the drug war (from a governments perspective) once the sheeple start to wake up and realize that the war on drug users was fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>2100402

Because cryptos are not and will never BE a threat to fiat. FFS cryptos are the epitome of fiat anyways. They are literally created from nothing and aren't even tangible like a dollar is.

But the real reason as to why they won't be a threat: Because government and big banks will find a way to control them or use them to their advantage. AKA Ripple.

They've been playing this game for hundreds of years. Magic internet money isn't going to change that.
>>
>>2100402
Why ban it when they can tax it? Banning it won't generate the government any revenue.
>>
>>2100457
> Banning it won't generate the government any revenue.
ever heard of the war on drugs, kiddo?
>>
>>2100409
>it's only used by hackers for anonymity, otherwise we can catch them
>danger to the economy

also since when does the government need a reason to ban something. They do whatever they want.
>>
>>2100422
That's moronic because cryptocurrencies is capitalism in it's wildest and untamest form. Surival of the fittest. Bitcoin may fall because it's not secure or fast enough while other coins are.
>>
Because it would be about as effective as banning torrenting.
>>
>>2100443
Could the government ban the blockchain and stop all the miners from mining?
>>
to ban/disrupt it would cause a money sink because of encryption (didn't the fbi pay 800k to decrypt 1 iphone), decentralized (it could cost a lot to shut down distributed nodes and miners), the hashing power is massive, the open sourced code can be copied and replicated by a 14 year old

but like other posters said they do that with drugs already that's a good point
the system is already stressed with debt, massive prison population, welfare, sanctuary states, refugees, nsa data collection, terrorism, endless wars

i don't think bitcoin compares to that yet and when it does the state is finished
>>
>>2100449
The only way for banks to control it would be to have their own currency. But why would people use that instead of the zillion of other coins. Especially when most people trading the coins are anti-government and especially anti-banks?
Except if they make something like waves platform based on their own model and so easy that even regular Joe could buy Ripple.
Maybe I'm being paranoid but couldn't cryptocurrencies be a sheme by banks to get everybody away from using 'physical' cash and start using electronic or cryptic cash?
Think about it. Not everybody likes using credit cards and a lot of people still use physical cash but if you'd tell everybody to hop over to a new electronic currency which is getting worth more every day then everybody will switch over to that new currency.
>>
>>2100468
The war on drugs was only enacted so the CIA could get massive amount of revenue from drug gangs that were created by the CIA so they could finance terrorists in communist and enemy countries.
>>
>>2100811
It's not like the government is going all out against piracy. They fine a guy every year to show record labels and movie companies that the government does something. If they'd go against piracy as they did against drugs a lot of us would be in jail right now.
>>
>>2100886
Hence why it'll never happen, there is not enough space in Jail for all the people they would have to arrest.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.