[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys, I have hundreds of ETH sitting on Coinbase but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1466232613924.jpg (44KB, 427x451px) Image search: [Google]
1466232613924.jpg
44KB, 427x451px
Guys, I have hundreds of ETH sitting on Coinbase but I'm deathly afraid of moving it to a safer offline wallet.

I can't risk losing any of it.

What's the safest option?
>>
>>2096580
>I'm deathly afraid of moving it

what does this even mean?
>>
>>2096580
Buy a ledger nano s and move it over there, safe as can be
>>
>>2096580
Do it in increments
>>
>>2096594
>>2096622

What you fags don't understand is that there is certain amount of anxiety associated with these transactions since it's easy to make mistakes. That is the major barrier to entry to this market.
>>
>>2096637
and don't move it all
>>
>>2096622
There's no chance of this device becoming corrupted or having some kind of hardware malfunction?
>>
File: 1348699915226.gif (4KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
1348699915226.gif
4KB, 240x312px
>>2096637
>do it in increments
>multiply the chances of you fucking up
>>
>>2096580
It's also fine to leave it in Coinbase Anon, they're insured for up to 100k per person i believe.
Double check it with their support.
>>
>>2096654

They can be hacked yes
>>
>>2096647
It's no different than when I transfer money between banks using a routing and account number

in fact, the qr code makes it even easier
>>
>>2096666
I've read that it's only cash that is insured, not cryptocurrencies. Is this true?
>>
>>2096663
If you fuck up copying and pasting an address you deserve to lose your money
>>
>>2096666
coinbase always fucks people over.
also
>those fucking digits
>>
>>2096654

The software is closed source. Its impossible to verify that the code running on the ledger isn't malicious. Ledger's developers are just another 'trusted third party'.

I wouldn't be surprised if all of the Ledgers in existence become sweeped at some point. Its the biggest unseen security threat in crypto IMO.

For a few bucks more, get a Trezor. The code is totally open source, and they allow the user to verify checksums before a firmware update. If some user sees something fishy in an update, they'll report it online immediately. You'll know 100% that the crypto is safe.
>>
>>2096692
It's different because if you somehow send to the wrong address it's 100% irreversible.
>>
>>2096580
>>2096580
Move it a few coins at a time
>>
i'll store it for you op
>>
>>2096647
>>2096580
Just break it up into smaller amounts when moving it if you're worried.
>>
How big of a usb do I need to store my wallet?
>>
>>2096895
i would say about the size of a football would be good
>>
>>2096580
The official Ethereum website has a link to their wallet. Also Trezor supports ETH, and as someone said, Ledger Nano too. It's safer to not store online, the only risk is that you yourself might mess up the process. The solution to this is: don't mess it up. Do everything very slowly, and only do things you actually understand. Rush is your enemy.
I think the best is to have a Trezor (or similar) for the bigger chunk of your holdings.
Don't make yourself nervous anon, that's what makes you type the wrong characters. Don't move money while you are deathly afraid. Chill the fuck out, and then do the thing slowly. GET A GRIP MAN.
>>
>>2096666
Does Coinbase insure everyone or only US customers?
>>
>>2096959
Does trezor support DGB?
>>
>>2096852
Dont forget each transaction costs though
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.