[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really need to make more money..passive income, investing, something.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Really need to make more money..passive income, investing, something. I have 8 grand in my savings.

What do I do to make money. I work a 9-5 in IT doing help desk. Just starting out and don't make much.

I don't eat out daily, waste my money on stupid clothes or things.

Im just dreading doing this for fucking the rest of my life..more specifically waking up everyday slaving at a job.

Care to offer advice lads.
>>
You won't like the answer, because it isn't a "get rich quick" plan, but here we go...

1. Pick 3 or 4 stocks that are boring but pay dividends every quarter (example: AEP, T, DTE, CMCSA, WM)

2. When you buy, sign up for the "automatic dividend reinvestment plan". This means that instead of getting money every quarter, your dividend is used to buy more stock.

3. Let that ride for 30-40 years.

4. Die rich.
>>
>>2088365
>asks for passive income on /shitcoin central/

I am getting tired of you. It is the same shit all over again:
Coin appears >is being memed here >gains traction >more memeing >mad gainz

What is so hard about that?
I didn't believe anything they've been talking about here, but then got into something and got money by doing literally nothing.
Maybe you have got an impression now
>>
>>2088365
OP here
Also no car payment
Phone is payasyouGo
Internet,utility,rent and weekend dining is 100% split with grill friend.
Ive cut down my bills as much as I can.
>>
>>2088386
No need to be overly hostile, I rarely lurk here. All I see ATM is everyone talking about buying coin.

Mostly is shitposting on "whymyCOINis betterthenXYZ" etc.
>>
>>2088365
>Really need to make more money
>Im just dreading doing
Clearly doing what you're doing isn't working. The reality is unless you do something extraordinary or take higher risk, you won't see high returns. High risk = high reward + high chance of failure. People on /biz will tell you crypto is the way forward. Plebbit will tell you its bonds and efts. Real estate people will shill you their own shit. Basically you need to pick the level of risk you're comfortable with and dive in.
>>
It's a good question but yeah, /biz/ has devolved into nothing but crypto coin garbage.

Here is my somewhat-educated advice, though. $8000 isn't a lot to start with. If you want to go the low-risk route, you can just go to a bank and say you want to invest. They'll show you some options but they probably won't spend a lot of time with you because $8000 is too small for them to care. But they'll happily take your money. You'll probably make around 5% per year. That's $400 your first year, so yeah, nothing to get a boner over.

But compound interest is a powerful thing. If you can continue adding to that savings each month and not take any out, you could double your money in about 10 years. Still, $16K isn't going to get you anywhere amazing.

If you want something higher risk, open an e-trade account and start trading. But do your homework very carefully. You could lose that $8K in a second.

Meanwhile, start looking around for a better job. You clearly don't like that one and the best time to find a new job is while you already have one.
>>
>>2088417
That is up to you. Find out which one is the best and hope for your lambo
>>
>>2088527
Thanks for your advice sir. Its nice to see a response like this.

Im in the process of obtaining a better job. My gripe is basically with jobs in general.

I plan some low risk but do want to risk a bit. I realize 8k isn't much but I feel its more then enough of a start I just don't know what.

I feel like im in a pretty good position for being 25 years old among most people I know my age.
>>
>>2088433
>>2088527

Also, correction. I don't plan on being in IT help desk forever. I plan on obtaining certs and experience and ultimately be a Network Administrator then branch into consulting.

My dread is waking up and having to do a "job" Id like to achieve the life of working for myself and not being a 9-5 wage slave.
>>
>>2088592
He literally could put his money into hyped ICOs, and double it, then put it into another hyped ICO, and repeat until he's satisfied
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.