[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Google has become a monopoly? How do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1414228815325188681.jpg (21KB, 800x439px) Image search: [Google]
1414228815325188681.jpg
21KB, 800x439px
Do you think Google has become a monopoly? How do you think we can combat this
>>
A monopoly on what? Search engines? They've done a good job at diversifying their business, I'll give them that.
>>
>>2064798
Yeah they're a monopoly all right. They have control over too much of the online ad market and are dictating terms.
>>
>>2064798
they could become a bigger monopoly, they just don't need to.
>>
>>2064827
This

They are trying to push their agenda by manipulating search results. The problem though is that all the other search engines are bad compared to google. Anyone recommend any search engines that show accurate results and don't do this shit?
>>
>>2064840
DuckDuckGo: it doesn't track your data (at least directly, your ISP can still track you), and it doesn't manipulate your search results because it never collects cookies
>>
They are bigger than a monopoly at this point.
Read https://wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/ .
>>
>>2064840
startpage is the official /g/ recommended search engine.
>>
>>2064810
How can you call a company that makes 90%+ of their money from search and ads as diversified?

The truth is they are a monopoly acting like a diversified company so the government doesn't break them up. The same can be said for most FANG stocks.

The tech industry isn't trying to make the same mistakes as Microsoft did in the 90s.
>>
>>2065286
Ayy lmao. Startpage is literally Google search pushed through a different web domain. It's also owned by a literal Jew.

Of course /g/ would recommend that.
>>
>>2064840

The problem isn't the search engines giving inaccurate results, the problem is people are terrible at searching.
>>
>>2064810

t. normies
>>
>>2065349
Lol let me guess you use DuckDuckGo? Biggest meme search engine. The whole shit about not tracking you is a lie. It's almost as bad as Google.
>>
>>2065349
cuckcuck go is the one owned by a jew actually
>>
>>2064798
>How do you think we can combat this

They need to tax somewhere. These tax saveheavens need to be presured.
>>
Is qwant a worthwile alternative?
>>
>>2065349
>>2066052

Qwant.com
https://lite.qwant.com/

i like the best
>>
>>2064798
Yes, it's searches are getting worse over time due to SEO companies gaming results and Google accepting money to give sites higher listings
>>
>>2066932
I wonder why it's not dying from it.
The results often feels off and frustrating.

I almost miss the prehistory when you had half a dozen half working search engine.
>>
File: 84390854903285.jpg (18KB, 629x140px) Image search: [Google]
84390854903285.jpg
18KB, 629x140px
>>2064798
>Do you think Google has become a monopoly?

Yes.

>How do you think we can combat this

We can't do shit because lets be honest - most normies can't live without google.

Only a sufficiently motivated government can break Google up, one that is not afraid of going against 10 million signatures by normies on change dot org
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.