[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys. I'm just popping over from reddit.com/r/inves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: sad.jpg (29KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
29KB, 600x325px
Hi guys.

I'm just popping over from reddit.com/r/investing to inform you that you can't actually beat the market in the long term.

I hope you all enjoy your 5% yearly returns.

Thanks.
>>
Tell that to Warren Buffett
>>
>>2062295
Bait but I'll reply. People on average cannot beat the market over the long term net of fees. Fees are going down and based on what I see from most investors, I am above average.
>>
>>2062295
>some people make less money than the market over a long period of time
>some people make more money than the market over a long period of time
>these people beat the market
explain THIS op!
>>
>>2062295
Hi guys.
I'm just popping over from /r/cuckolding to inform you that you can't actually beat black bulls in pleasing your wife.

Thanks.
>>
The stock market maybe, I'm trading in the multi-billion dollar shitcoin market competing against other human retards
>>
>>2062295
5% is great actually. Imagine you have one million invested. This is 50k$ a year doing NOTHING
>>
File: 1479809946063.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1479809946063.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>>2064752
the rich get richer
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>2062295

you never specified which market

500% is disappointing on /biz/
>>
>>2064752
>>2064835
50k a year is pretty crap for stashing away 1m

With 1m you should pull in Atleast 10%, 100k/yr
>>
>>2062295
He's right - stock market is for pussies and faggots, it makes me sick how fucking clever people think they are being in it
>>
>>2063991
this
and it's working out pretty fucking well for us downy faggots
>>
>>2062295
This is true but untrue.
>You can't beat the market in the long term
yes, but this doesn't mean you can't beat the market within a timespan of say one year.

All you need is to beat the market once, then invest in the market indefinitely. Thus you've net essentially beaten the market in the long run.

The more accurate statement would be you can't expect to consistently beat the market repeatedly, which is entirely true.

>>2062407
This guy is also wrong. Studies have shown passive investment typically outperforms active investment even before fees are considered into the equation. That includes trading and management fees.
>>
>>2062295
Is crypto shilling just as bad on Reddit, or is it just more contained?
>>
>>2066147
We don't discuss cryptocurrency over at /r/investing, it's a place to discuss the benefits and drawbacks of different index funds.
>>
>>2066147
The idea that any of this crypto bullshit is investing makes me laugh. It's trading, not investing.
>>
>>2062295
It's more like 12% I am not sure where you got 5% from.
>>
Holy shit, /biz/ is defensive af. You guys know Reddit is right on this one. Within a year, and you would probably still gain less than 2% of your shitcurrency.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.