[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a sick NEET here, would highly appreciate some advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: webdevelopmentbanner.png (57KB, 501x359px) Image search: [Google]
webdevelopmentbanner.png
57KB, 501x359px
I'm a sick NEET here, would highly appreciate some advice. Feeling desperate. I'll break down my situation briefly, but feel free to ask any questions.

>26
>auto-immune disease makes me feel like shit
>terrible anxiety as well
>have to miss work, can't hold job because of it
>currently get NEETbux via disability, but would rather have a job
>no debt
>no credit (haven't been able to get a credit card, ever)
>no programming skills or experience at all
>have worked as web chat and phone tech support for colleges and customer service for Obamacare in the past
>would prefer some type of self-employment
>very interested in web development
>prefer as little interaction with other people as possible but accept there is some
>got an associate's degree at university in 2012 but couldn't afford school after
>4.0 GPA ~80 credit hours
>very much want to move as soon as possible
>have time to devote and learn something, but not sure what

Where's a good starting point for something that fits my criteria bros? I'm in the southern part of the United States in a fairly small city. I would move if I could afford it. I truly want to better my life, but I feel stuck. It's overwhelming because I have no idea where to start, even though I'm highly interested, or what is most worth trying to learn (e.g. higher salaries). I don't even know how long it would take, approximately, before I would know enough to be able to earn money from it. If you take the time to read/reply to anything, thanks.
>>
learn web dev and c++, then make shitty games with unreal engine and make shitty website with affiliate marketing links to amazon or something.
>>
forgot
>virgin
>on 4chan
>>
>>2061995
Thanks for the suggestion... I'll look into it on /g/
>>
>>2061999
But I lost my virginity in 2009 and have a gf anon :)
>>
>>2062001
you dont need /g/, they dont give you straight answers, just follow tutorials, theres tons of it out there. for video tutorials you can also join cgpeers, its open once a month i think.
>>
>>2062011
I appreciate your input and I take it seriously. I will look into this more, thank you very much.
>>
>>2062058
the biggest problem youll probably encounter with that is that if youre at home youll not be very motivated or easily distrated, especially at the beginning when you try to get an overview of the subjects youre looking into. programming and web dev can seem like huge categories at first but actually youll encounter the same concepts over and over again so the most important thing is pretty much doing it every day. dont get stuck on the "finding the best tutorial/method/programming lanuage/book" phase like all the people that make threads on /g/, its just going to extend your procrastination.
>>
>>2061964
something to consider is a saas app. it kinda fit's your criteria:

>self-employment
>web-dev
>little-interaction (sort of, but not at first)

but you also say

>no programming skills

webdev is a bit easier to get into since everyone is trying to shill it. you'll come across people saying "buy this course", "sign up for team treehouse", etc. but these guys are are shills for there affiliate links.

though, to the reach the level to the point where you can do major shit on your own, i.e. build something people would use, you either need to have a lot of talent, or a lot of time.

but put in enough effort to learn and if you build something people can use you can make it. for reference, this website https://pinboard.in/ racks in 6 figures and is made by one guy.

just learn front-end -> back-end -> fullstack. plenty of tutorials out there, dont pay for shit, pirate courses if you really want them but youtube is sufficient. html + css + vanilla javascript. go into vue right after then possibly react. you can learn but i'd advise against: jquery, php.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.