[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>still no job Is lying the last option? I wish I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1494393001022.jpg (166KB, 864x864px) Image search: [Google]
1494393001022.jpg
166KB, 864x864px
>still no job

Is lying the last option? I wish I didn't have to lie about my experience.
>>
>>2057008
You should have submitted at least 500 (not exaggerating) online applications before getting to that point.
>>
>>2057008
I've always heard that honesty is the best way to handle these things.
Don't be autistic about it. Just don't lie, apply even if you don't have experience, sign up with a temp agency worst case scenario.
During interviews don't act awkward and try to say what you think they want to hear, say your answer.
You won't be the first to bs them so they'll know.

Also, companies hire in cycles. Typically six month cycles. So you're in for a long wait. You still have to keep applying non stop of course.
>>
>>2057021
Yea pretty much this.
I'm a mechanical engineering major. With loads of programming experience, research internships, and other bs.

Do you know how many jobs it is recommended I apply to per week starting this summer until the end of the year?
At least a hundred a week. Why?
CYCLES.
And you're never the only one applying.
>>
I'm going to lie.
>>
>>2057218
K well you're going to get fired in any position you get hired to or you'll be found out and just not get the position.
>>
>>2057225
That happens much rarer than you seem to think. How often has an interviewer asked to see your degree or checked your references?

What if I worked at a now defunct company?

What if the manager I worked under is not present at the company anymore?
>>
buy eth and you wont even have to work
>>
>>2057232
Then do it if you're so sure.
>>
You shouldn't lie.

From my experience with working with one, a "senior" software dev nonetheless, and the quality of work he puts in is atrocious.

All you would do is get hired for a short time and then face career suicide because of your rep.
>>
>>2057232
have fun getting fired and then fucked over because your now prior employer is going to tell any potential future employer you're a lying NEET.
>>
>>2057276
Ah yes. At the weekly "Employer meeting"?
>>
>>2057238
I will. There's no benefit to not lying.
>>
>>2057008
Welcome to Australia. Where people lie on experience.
Personally I have nothing against it (because i did it), if you have will to make that skill real during your new job.
>>
I was a partial neet, went to college used grant money never worked until like 23. And i had no experience. I put down that i had my own ebay store as a lie. Made up a name, literally no trace, job was impressed because it was an old person in charge who didnt know about computer stuff. Said i resold and scalped items for a few years. Put down this company i knew was dead, even put down their number and it was the general company number. It had been bought by another company so it went nowhere.

Guess what, they didn't check shit anyway. They asked for ONE reference, which i didnt have because i have no friends and barely any family. Literally went to a neighbor and asked if i could use their name as a character reference, wrote a letter myself, didnt even have them sign it. If there was no neighbor id just have made it up myself. They accepted it with no issues.

Its not rocket science, you can easily lie. I said i was tires of all the manual work and "whims of the market" so i wanted to settle down and get a real job. Guess wjat, my degree is fucking english and i graduated with a 2.3 gpa. Literally should be a barista somewhere, but i lied. And guess what again, i got the job, made 30k for a year, impressed, them hopped to another job now making 50k. And the higher paying job didnt even want a reference and barely even looked at my resume, they believed in kinda just talking to ppl and judging them there. And im a fucking fat manlet that isnt even charming or anything, just knew to say what they wanted to hear.

Think it wouldnt have happened without the fake resume? All you have to do is get in the door ANY WAY POSSIBLE, after that its all up to you.
>>
>>2057419
Lmao this I just stopped showing up to work one day and it never hurt me when I went to find other jobs. Your prior employer only matters if you want a reference
>>
>>2057472
Id imagine it would matter in specific industries for important positions too though but yeah
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.