[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly not trying to shill for this coin, so don't bu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ripple.jpg (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ripple.jpg
27KB, 250x250px
Honestly not trying to shill for this coin, so don't buy if you dont fucking want, but this is big news.

http://www.livebitcoinnews.com/ripple-may-announce-extended-xrp-supply-lock-june/

https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/3339-locking-up-ripples-xrp-with-crypto-conditions/?page=3#comment-32058

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-boe-payments-idUSKBN1850ZU
>>
File: 1493293101607.jpg (194KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1493293101607.jpg
194KB, 499x499px
>>2054664
I fucking Love XRP... got in at 3500
>>
>>2054664
Holding 20k XRP

Please go to $10, I can pay off 60k debt and buy a small house.
>>
>>2054713
I dream of it somehow getting that high.
>>
scamcoin
>>
>>2054750
in the top 5, somehow a scam coin.

dont buy it if you believe that then. I give negative fucks.
I just honestly wanted to help people with some news.
>>
>>2054713
even if it goes to 5 dollars il eat my shit and stream it live
>>
>>2054760
5 bucks isn't even unrealistic IF we assume it were to be adopted at least by a bunch of major banks
>>
>>2054664
That's the news that pumped it two days ago. Kinda fizzled.
>>
HURR DURR b-but Coin Supply doesnt matter! All that matters is Market Cap!

Fucking dumbass Market Cap Percentage shills are eerily quiet in this thread. Crickets.
>>
>>2054780
>>2054893
I dont think it will make it to 5, but I really want to see this >>2054760
>>
Reminder that Ripple Labs is partially divested from the market price of XRP because their main income stream is VC and contracts with banks (whom recieve nearly unlimited XRP to conduct transactions).

And by gambling with this shitcoin you are providing the small (for a company) portion of their valuation based on the XRP they control (which is . . ~80%? of the XRP in circulation)

Hopefully the people who got lucky and made 40x will pull out before the dumbass speculators driving the price up realize that these contracts are between Ripple and large finacial institutions whom are under no obligation to use XRP as a intermediate and they won't.

Even if Ripple (smoke and mirrors is a better name) is succesful XRP will probably stay around $.10 or crash.

What is more likely to happen is the banks fuck everyone and do whatever they want.
>>
>>2055047
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>2055047

You're right on some things, wrong on others.

Firstly, only ~38% of the XRP is in circulation. The rest is held by Ripple. According to them this is to help manage supply as needed. There is also some very strong rumors that this "excess" supply will be placed in a lockup agreement to be demonstrated in June. I make no claim to the veracity of this rumor, but if true it means the current supply becomes the ONLY supply for the foreseeable future.

Second: You are correct that banks are under no obligation to use XRP itself, but doing so saves them 60% on transaction costs. Banks exist solely to make profit, so do the math.

Finally: "B-but Ripple could dump their supply into the market and crash the price, run off with the money, etc..."

No. It behooves them to have a stable and valuable carrier currency that represents their company. This would be akin to the Waltons dumping their 51% of Walmart stock. They'd destroy their own company.

Ripple will most likely enter into licensing agreements with financial institutions to use their technology. They will make a fucking fortune on that. They don't need to fuck with XRP's price, only maintain stability.

So... what could one XRP be worth in the future? That I can't say. But food for thought: International money transfers total about $5 trillion (yes, that's a T) PER DAY. If XRP carried even 10% of that, it would imply a market cap of approx $500 billion. On current supply that would make each XRP worth roughly $12.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.