[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a final interview tomorrow for a challenging and stressful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: job-interview-stock-photo.jpg (365KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
job-interview-stock-photo.jpg
365KB, 849x565px
I have a final interview tomorrow for a challenging and stressful job.

I don't really want to accept the job as I'm comfy where I am, so was thinking of countering their offer with a request for a higher salary.

How do I do this? I'm a bit autistic, so want to plan my conversation out precisely. How do I confidently ask for more money without coming across as rude?

Note that I don't care what salary they offer - I just want more.
>>
>So Mr. anon, we can offer you $60k/year + bonuses. What do you think?
>Thank you for your offer. I however see it a bit higher at $1m/year + bonus because of X, Y, Z
>>
>>2046135
>however see it a bit higher at $1m/year + bonus because of X, Y, Z

This is the bit I don't understand

I thought of saying something like "I bring value to your company in X & Y, so it's only fair that you pay me $1m/year and I won't accept anything less" but that sounds too aggressive
>>
>>2046205
if youre at the final interview you can afford to be a bit more cocky

they obviously want to hire you because finding an exact fit nowadays is really hard but want to jew you for as much as possible or test the waters on your future salary expectations

Some jobs they will even downgrade your "leadership, personality strength" or whatever its called rating if you dont negotiate because they think youre a pushover and will never promote you

Absolutely negotiate and sell yourself, the final interview is where YOU actually get SOME leverage
>>
>>2046238
>Some jobs they will even downgrade your "leadership, personality strength"

Hey this is a good point I didn't think of, thanks.

I've made a point of saying I want to have the opportunity to grow/be promoted, so maybe being a hardass on the salary negotiation will help me out

Worst case I get to stay in my current comfy job and the recruiter hates me for screwing him out of his commission
>>
>>2046260
>Worst case I get to stay in my current comfy job and the recruiter hates me for screwing him out of his commission
Dont forget that recruiting, even when using vendors that do the headhunting for you is a difficult and long process that causes many headaches for everyone in the department so theyve already put the effort in and sometimes will pay a bit more just to get it over with but dont overdo it
>>
>>2046289
the job was advertised with salary in 80-110k range

the recruiter told me I was only worth 85k and shouldnt ask for more

do you think asking for 100k is reasonable? It's within their original range, and less than 20% more than their likely offer
>>
>>2046337
The recruiter gets paid for a successful hire, of course underselling yourself is in the recruiter's interest because the additional 10k you gain translates to only an additional 200 bucks but if you dont get hired at all the recruiter gets nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbFkw_roJqI

100k seems reasonable, take a good long hard look at yourself and other people in similar positions and just make a fair offer and stand by it man.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.