[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /biz/'s opinion on warranty exploitation/fraud?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1493716906541.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1493716906541.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
What is /biz/'s opinion on warranty exploitation/fraud?

I've run into some forums before where people discuss ways to lie to companies to get free products. Some of the ways are quite creative such as sending back boxes full of dry ice and damaging a box of a return (so that it supposedly passes weight tests but appears to have been stolen from on arrival), obtaining serials by taking photos of products in store, photoshopping receipts, etc.

Seems like people can make a lot of money like this in some cases and it's not really pursued as theft or even explicitly illegal since the company gives you the products... Was just wondering what /biz/ thought.
>>
>>2044403
>>2044403

If you're actually going to spend time getting good at something, can't you think of something that would make you a lot more money than this?
>>
>>2044456
Not really
>>
>>2044403
it's fraud. if someone care enough. which if you steal enough, someone will.
>>
>>2044478
Well yeah it's technically illegal but not in the same way as going to a store and stuffing your pockets or using stolen creditcards would be...?
>>
>>2044514
You are right. Larceny is treated way worse than a single count of fraud. However, you will get multpile counts of fraud whereas you would only get grand theft larceny.
>>
>>2044615
I think I mean more that it's not really going to get investigated and there's significant plausible deniability.

For Theft - Item is missing and unaccounted for.

For this it's more "Legitimate customer had issue with our product, he provided proof of purchase and we sent replacement"

At least that's my understanding.
>>
>>2044473
Stay poor nigger.
>>
>>2044939
Ah yes you must be one of those 4chan trillionaires I hear so much about.
>>
>>2044403
>fraud
>not explicitly illegal

hmmmmmmmmmm
>>
Yeah you can probably make money off this buy you will be red flagged by places like amazon if you do it too often. I've done it to extend warranties on shit and get free replacements but that's about it.
>>
>>2044959
You don't think there are ETH whales lurking /biz/ ?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.