[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does taxing work with crypto? I know you have to report it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: e727177eac6b45edbb.jpg (25KB, 198x284px) Image search: [Google]
e727177eac6b45edbb.jpg
25KB, 198x284px
How does taxing work with crypto? I know you have to report it to the IRS but are the rates high or low? I just don't want to be screwed at the end of the year if I lose all my gains and have to pay a large amount.
>>
Capital gains tax, Google is your friend
>>
>>2042170
How much it was worth when you got it = X
How much after you sold it = Y

X - Y = Z

Z x T%

T is whatever capital gain tax your country has.

If you do not sell, there's nothing to tax.
>>
>>2042191
What if I don't report them? :^) also would I have to do it right after I sold for fiat at an exchange or only after I transferred the money back to my bank account?
>>
>>2042197
You only report it when you are doing taxes and fill out the box that has to do with selling assets.

So yearly.

If you however sell it but it doesnt go to your bank account then you have nothing to report :^)
>>
>>2042208
;p
>>
pretend you dont have anything then use it to buy gold
>>
If I traded bitcoin for alt coins and vice versa for a year and then after I year I cash out in fiat can I get taxed at the long term rate because of the like of kind rule?
>>
>>2042259
;]
>>2042208
Are you sure? I'd rather sell my alt gains to fiat than to BTC just to be safer, but I wouldn't like it if I had to document every sell.
>>
>>2042170
When you cash coins out to your bank account, you don't have to report the whole chain of coins which resulted in your money

It's enough to report what you have in the end
>>
>>2042330
No one can ever prove that you traded coins for coins

It's like trading game points, no one cares
>>
>>2042370
so coin/coin trades on Kraken don't have to be reported? Coinbase has something that reports all your gains it looks like
>>
>>2042375
>>2042379
nevermind, looks like you answered my question
>>
>>2042379
To report coin trades is a ridiculous bureaucratic fancy which they can obviously shove up their ass.

Coin trades are untraceable. It's like buying and selling in-game points. Are you going to tax your Magic Sword that you bought in some MMORPG too?

However, if you receive noticeable sums to your bank account, the bank obviously can notify the authorities, so it's better either declaring it, or not using banks at all (good only for small-to-medium sums)
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.