[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No coiner here, just getting started with all of this. Is it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

No coiner here, just getting started with all of this.

Is it a wrong idea mining with your home computer? I have an nvidia gtx 660 ti, i was wondering i could mine even few altcoins every week?

Is it worth it actually?
>>
You can figure this out yourself using the cost of power. Just google a mining profitability calculator. I can tell you right now with that GPU zcash is your best bet. Google the avg hashrate for ur gpu and the coin you choose, and youll decide if its worth it or not to work your gpu hard, kill it faster, and heat up the PC etc.
>>
>>2039369
I'm not an expert on these things, so how much do you think i can do mining zcash?
>>
>>2039390
First step of making money in cryptocurrency is learning how to do the research yourself.
>>
>>2039568
why do so if there's plenty of people ready to answer me here
>>
>>2039333
Short answer: No
>>
>>2039333
Its a race to the bottom. You might profit for 1-2 months but then the chinese will run down profits with their 0.04$/KWh
>>
>>2039333
The only real basis for competition in mining is electricity prices. If you don't have, or can't afford to locate the mine somewhere with the cheapest power you won't be able to compete. For mining BTC it gets even worse, you won't have access to the most efficient hardware until well after first the manufacturers and second the big boy customers so they'll be beating you there as well.

That said if you just want to mine something with your existing machine it's just a matter of calculating your expenses (electricity) vs income ($ value of coins mined at the CURRENT PRICE), the difference then is your margin and profit. If you mine on the basis the value will go up and don't take your daily margin you're playing 2 games at once with risk as such.
>>
>>2039634
is there?
>>
Mining as a hobby is fine

You will never be able to compete with industrial miners so dont even try. Not only do they have low power costs the also get the fastest crypto gpus before they reach retail, driving the prices sky high for everyone else
>>
>>2039333
clean your cables up, geez
>>
I have 2 rigs mining zcash, one with an HD 7870 and the other an RX 470 with modded bios. I also mine on the cpu side but gpu is much much much more profitable. In fact cpu mining probably wont do u jack shit alone.

I hash 160/s on the 7870 and 260ish on the 470. IF i mined 24/7 that nets somehwere around 80-90 bucks in a month. I simply use my zcash profits as passive investing back into eth, on top of my actual investment.

Mine in a pool like flypool if you intend to make any money at all. Further, i imagine your gpu would hash similarly to my HD 7870 so 140-170 range doing no research into it though. You can find this info really easily, its not even reaearch. I explained others have created sites with calculators to determine profatibilty for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.