[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crypto Currency investing is exactly the same as gambling based

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

Crypto Currency investing is exactly the same as gambling based off speculation, nobody on this board understands why crypto currencies hold any value at all.
>>
>>2038575
His value exists exactly because people believe it.
>>
>>2038604
This. Same with "real" money.
>>
>>2038604
Same with fiat
>>
>>2038607
>>2038604

Look at that,

/thread
>>
>>2038575
same could be argued about any system , thats why prices and valuations fluctuate .
>>
Because it removes the need for a 3rd party ( big banks taking fees), thus makes life easier, thus should replace fiat.
>>
>>2038605
>>2038607
Fiat has a bunch of goons with baseball bats of various nature that will do anything to convince you of its value.
Crypto has hope.
>>
Everything is a gamble, you take a gamble every day you step into the shower, every time you eat something, every second you spend in a car.
>>
File: 1492981458062.png (8KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
1492981458062.png
8KB, 218x231px
I do understand why.
>>
>>2038625
Crypto like LTC, BTC, ETH has its use. I personally use it to run my online game service and keep anonymous. One of the reasons crypto even exists in the first place is to facilitate anonymous transactions. As government becomes more and more controlling, crypto use will only grow. Just because it rises too fast doesn't mean it's a bubble. Was Apple a bubble?

That being said some shitcoins are pump and dumps but others have good team/technology behind them.
>>
>>2038575
PriceCoin value is based on finding useful prime numbers.
>>
>>2038625
fiat and crypto are completely intertwined with infrastructure and governments.
they're may be a layer of abstraction, but your talking apples and oranges.
>>
>>2038660
The same principle that makes infrastructure give the dollar value, will make the dollar value itself give crypto value based on the dollar value at the time. If in an extreme situation, all the dollar/euro value is injected in crypto, it now represents all things dollar/euro did and more.

TL;DR if i pay 1000 for a coin, the coin now represents 1000 and will keep rising with the amount of people flooding to bitcoin.
>>
>>2038575

I keep seeing posts like these and a bunch of clueless bandwagon anons saying shit like:
>same with fiat
>nothing has value
>"money" doesn't exist maaaan
>nothing has intrinsic value

People with any sense are investing in companies that are producing new block chain platforms that have real world application, or hedging fiat currency in turbulent times.

Stop being a retard for 5 minutes and fully read what XRP or NEM are trying to build. This has the potential to impact anything bureaucratic that requires accuracy and security. Anything that requires an authenticity check or ability to pass on certificates and contracts. It potentially removes the slow middle man services in transferring money or sensitive information over borders or between establishments.

People who see it as some completely anon, encrypted, decentralised currency that will replace the dollar or euro are fucking deluded.

TLDR: Blockchain has a future.The value is not primarily the ability to buy chicken tendies with ETH.
>>
>>2038622

do you think if Bitcoin or Eth became big enough that they would not charge a transaction fee albeit just to cover running costs?

>>2038648
Crypto currencies have a proven track record for being used for Tax Evasion, Money Laundering , Drugs/Arms/Sex distribution all anonymously and is most likely the source of high volume traffic on all these currencies

>>2038660
There could come a day where people will have to protect their digital e-Assets ie The Government shutting down Bitcoin through military force, i hope those programmers know how to shoot.
>>
>>2038622
You still need shady 3rd parties to buy/sell crypto who also take fees.
>>
>>2038648
I'm not knowledgeable on crypto, just pointing out what seems to make sense.
Can't anonymous transactions be carried out with most coins? If something happens to btc/eth, doge , clonecoins or something new would be just as good. There's no enforcing, unlike fiat.

Also, trading in crypto could be outright banned by governments. In some warsaw pact countries, holding foreign currency was a jail worthy criminal offence.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.