[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Engineer >Been kind of sitting back and not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>Be me
>Engineer
>Been kind of sitting back and not working a lot since company/upper management hasn't been giving me work
>Kept complaining about this
>Recently given a shit load of work
>Never complain about lack of work/downtime
>Should have taken the money (Get paid well) and shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1483548324089.jpg (16KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1483548324089.jpg
16KB, 247x248px
>>2033159
>complaining about this
Never, ever do this. Next time crack open a book in dat dere pdf reader alongside your IDE.
>>
File: r26z28.gif (3MB, 433x248px) Image search: [Google]
r26z28.gif
3MB, 433x248px
>>2033176
I feel useless without work and projects
>They just threw a bunch of shit at me and said during the meetings that I will be the lead engineer on this stuff, which TODAY is my first time hearing about this

:)

They played me well, other engineers kept telling me to shut the fuck up and study certs and just get paid

>Btw
Still love this job, and just happy to finally have some work come my way
>>
File: 1422510264226.jpg.png (71KB, 255x250px) Image search: [Google]
1422510264226.jpg.png
71KB, 255x250px
>>2033219
>other engineers kept telling me to shut the fuck up and study certs and just get paid

It's the right thing to do although I can understand you urge to do something

>worked for a company where everyone was overburdened
>95% of my projects needed input from other coworkers
>worked maybe 45 minutes/day then waited until I hear something from my coworkers
>had so much time that I just started to improve my work
>my boss gives me a big raise because my input was always on time and of high quality
>>
>>2033159
That might have made you look like a whiny entitled brat in the moment,
but its' that kind of attitude that will separate you from your coworkers as you've got the ambition and drive to improve.
>>
>>2033460
i agree with this poster, also if you can suck any dicks or take it up the ass from management you should do it
>>
>>2033568
>Yea, my boss is married and has kids
>Sucking dick wont work
>I've seen this practice in the office throughout multiples companies
>This actually works and helps you build your name, since you will work on anything the company has
>My last company, I only worked on the good shit, at this company I just want to be useful again
>Been a new engineer at this firm for the last 2 months, haven't really been working on anything since the transition to the new role
>>
>>2033460
>>2033568
>implying promotions and raises aren't just networking and talking about football by the water cooler.

Chads literally laugh at Melvincucks who do all the work while they take the credit and get promoted. Play smart, not hard.
>>
File: 1471376197615.png (683KB, 598x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471376197615.png
683KB, 598x600px
>>2033568
>>2033460
>>2033642
The best way to get a pay rise these days is to switch jobs

Boot licking just to climb the internal ladder is not how the game is played anymore

Networking is important but switching to a higher paid job elsewhere is the fastest way to get promoted
>>
Not /biz/ related
>>
see I don't bitch about it but every day I'm afraid of getting fired because of it

>>2033781
if you work for a business its related to business

go larp ~entrepreneur~ somewhere else
>>
>>2033823
if you are asking for advice related to careers >>>/adv/
>>
>>2033726

this!

it also shows you a very flexible and you will grab any opportunity in your way so they better be treating you good + a lot broader network
>>
Ok so I'm in a similar position to OP.

I am at a company being paid decently but I have literally no work at all.

I just sit here basically. It's kinda fucked up but I've gone 3 weeks without doing a single thing at work except browse /biz/ and trade cryptos. I make about $85,000 a year.

What the fuck can I do to pass the time in my cubicle? This fucking sucks and I want something to do to be honest.
>>
>>2033911
I'm in meetings right now and cant post much, but will join in soon

BTW op here

>pass the time in the cube
>here's some tips
>study, do what you want, seem like you are being productive and figure out what your role is on your own
>>
>>2033911
I wish I knew this feel

I work in an office with 4 women one of which is the new manager who is like 26 and this is her 3rd day.

The others are all 40+

One is the nicest chick

One is fucking white south african spawn of satan

One is new assistant mngr and she is also new (2 months) and she is generally a bit of a bitch

We're in our busiest period and we're picking up the work of my previous manager who left, all working unpaid overtime (besides me mostly though they hate me for it) and the workload I have is honestly enough for 2 people and I'm fuckin quick with a computer.

Been in trouble for fucking underperforming because the otherwagecucks work like 60hr weeks to stay on top of it

literally w h y

So anyway I quit but I'm working my 2 month notice period and the fucking stress is increasing

Everyone is having fuckin rows and shit all the time and everyone is miserable

Just can't wait to walk out the door for the last time.

Then again I have nothing to do after this yet and I rent and shit

I don't wanna do this any more man
>>
>>2033980
How old are you? If it is bothering you at this point why stick around in the same field? What do you do right now? Why not advance in the field, find another employer
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.