[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started with about $2500 in crypto. I day-traded for about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: donald-trump-cnn-614x412.jpg (33KB, 614x412px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-cnn-614x412.jpg
33KB, 614x412px
I started with about $2500 in crypto. I day-traded for about a month and now it's about $3050.

Now I've taken it out and I'm only playing around with $600 diversified into top coins (ETH, BTC, XRP, LTC, etc.) and I'm seeing amazing gains on these $600.

Did I fuck up by not putting the whole $3000 back in?

There is going to be SOME correction to this bull market which would justify me securing my profits and "playing it safe" with a smaller amount, right?
There has to be some correction, right? Literally everything is the highest its ever been. It seems like a bad idea to go all in again now. So I'm riding this with smaller profits.

Is that wrong?
>>
>hey guys I'm making too much money, any advice ?

Go all in cuck
>>
>>2032682
I'm not making too much or anything.

I'm feeling bad because I think I was too cautious and only made about 25% gains when if I'd just gone all in I could have made like 200+% gains.

Am I stupid for thinking there has to be some kind of correction/crash soon for me to get back in?
>>
File: happy cigar buckley.jpg (542KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
happy cigar buckley.jpg
542KB, 1200x803px
>started with 2500 in btc, eth, and stratis
>firesold during saturday panic but still made $675
>all my money is out and in the bank
>put 2500 back into ethereum at 82.50 because it's too easy to make money this way

as it stands, that's about an $1125 gain off of my original 1250, aka a 50% return
>>
>>2032673
The thing about any trading strategy is you have to extrapolate it over a long period of time under all kinds of market conditions, or at least adjust the strategy to accomodate new market conditions.

The 'buy and hold all the cryptos' strategy most of biz goes in for is excellent over the last couple of months but for the previous year it would have been shit.
>>
File: 1493187162187.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1493187162187.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
>>2032673
we are in unprecedented territory anon. The question you have to ask yourself is do you want to play it safe or potentially enjoy your moon penthouse. Personal risk tolerance and all that jazz
>>
>>2032718
I just started this February.

Can you explain why it would have been shit last year?
It seems like whenever a top coin falls below its all-time high, it's guaranteed to at least go back to its all-time high at some point. So it feels like almost certain money.

Is a crash of sorts "inevitable" ?

Right now I feel like I'm only standing to lose a smaller amount of my investments than /biz/, while I realize that if I'd just gone all in on ETH and not touched it I would have made more.

>>2032723
Do you think I'm being too safe?

Are ETH, BTC, XRP, and LTC all essentially definitely going to return to their all-time highs?
>>
>>2032739
http://www.coindesk.com/cryptocurrency-index-funds-simulations-surprising-results/

This altcoin index tracker failed to beat Bitcoins returns. That is probably different over the last couple of months but who knows how it will pan out in the future.

Really you want to try and implement a strategy that can make you money in a bull or bear market.
>>
OP, I am a beginner and I hope you're still here to answer some questions.

When you day trade crypto, is there a consistently good time to sell in the day aka 2-3 PM EST and then re-purchase later in the evening?

There is a pretty demanding cap on instant credit buys. Do you use coinbase, and if you do, do you regularly stick to just using the USD wallet?
>>
>>2032673
>Did I fuck up by not putting the whole $3000 back in?

What do you think idiot?
>>
>>2032775
I can kind of see what you mean.

It's just strange how in a bull market like this I don't feel like I'm making that much because I feel like I'm being overly cautious.

Yet I feel like too much of a pussy to go all in again since last time I went all in, I went from $2500 down to about $2000 and I've been trying to make that up ever since.
>>
>>2032823
I used to think Europe always sold ETH in the afternoons and Asia always bought it up at night but now I don't know.

There really isn't a good way to time it across multiple coins.

I hate Coinbase since they banned me, but it's the cheapest way for me to take my cash back out, assuming I sell it back through Gdax and then send it to my bank. I hate them but ever since Tether.to has stopped working I haven't really found another option without hefty premiums, including bank wire fees. Not Kraken, Coinmama, localbitcoins, or Cex seem to be viable for cashing out without a bigger fee than goddamn Coinbase.

I actually use Poloniex and Bittrex like a bunch of people on /biz/ and lately USDT has actually beein rising slightly on its own. I also kind of think Tether.to will actually come through and resolve its banking issue and I want to have USDT for that.

But I overtraded. Never overtrade.

This is what Dickson Watts wrote in his book on speculating in the market. Never overtrade.
>>
>>2032864
Thanks for your answer, and by the way you say before you feel like you aren't making a lot because you are being cautious, but there is nothing foolish about trying to prevent risk where you see it. You still made money and there are people like me who made nothing during this whole time.
>>
XRP is going to hit $100 by 2018
>>
>>2032929
Well like I said, I'm in but I just hate that I'm in with such a small amount.

My losses are very small now but so are my profits.

Jumping in with $2500 and suddenly losing $500 on it the first week scared me.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.