[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all. Reply with logic why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
Let's settle this once and for all.

Reply with logic why you think POSW or XBY is a bad investment.

Reply with logic why you think it's a good investment.

No shitcoin keks or memes.
>>
>>2027361
If a couple of people are shilling this coin so much that half the threads are related to those coins - then you should know that they bought super early, want YOU to drive up the price so they can dump on you.
Seriously it's not that hard to figure it out.
There are tons of coins out there that made better gains and are top 20 coins that are 100% legit, but no, better to have 20 shill threads about some coin that just got out yesterday and is already worth 20x before they start posting it here.
>>
File: 1493781601163.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1493781601163.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
XBY at least has innovation with the STATIC node system ( its still a big gamble )while POSW is just another useless curry coin
>>
POSW pros:
- innovative
- staking coins is "the future"
POSW cons:
- ICO had around 50 people, so many whales ready to dump
- exchange is risky as it is always a honeypot for hackers

XBY pros:
- good dev and "marketing" person
- good innovation (PoSig)
XBY cons:
- good competitors (distributed storage: Sia, Storj)
- I think it takes a long time to have a usable product rather than just a masternode network
- i don't think the economics are not good for greater adoption/higher coin value. Rather high investment for masternode and high transaction fees for storing filea
>>
>>2027361
>he thinks a coin's price is determined by the coin's quality
All that matters are memes and perceptions.
>>
POSW Pros:

Coins tied to the performance of an exchange and/or company, potential for massive profits if exchange gets big
Virtual coin wallet stakes 24/7
Other things like an online store

POSW cons:

Despite popular opinion, POSW is NOT innovative. There were other platforms beforehand that offered virtual coin staing

Could be HYIP scam. 90% of all trade volume is POSW coin and thats given in dividends. Once POSW coin is staked en masse (the whole point of the coin) the system collapses unless the exchange diverifies.

POSW is shady as hell. Censored thread. Anon devs. "African Charity". Run by socially autistic pajeets. Risky holding your coins on an online platform anyway.

XBY Pros:

Completely new technology, true innovation with Proof of Signature
Potentially the best security on the market
Big moon potential, low marketcap
Static nodes will probably rake it in once XBY grows

Cons:

Relatively competitive market in storage
A long, long hold (at least a few months if you want to see good gains)
Small team at the moment - just 2 guys
>>
Can anyone explain to me what the fuck "staking" is, I see how there's now talk of hardforking bitcoin or something to employ it and I have no idea what it means.

I was under the impression how crypto works is the mining computers are doing the (intentionally) complicated calculations necessary to log a transfer on the blockchain which acts as a giant receipt for everybody.

What is staking, and how does it change things? Like does it mean you're preassigned which blocks you mine or what?

>>2027380
>All that matters are memes and perceptions.
The secret to all marketing
>>
I'll try to give an easy explanation of Proof of Stake: Instead of hardware/energy intensive mining in order to support a network and get rewards, people would leave their wallet open for staking, helping the network (confirm transactions) and earning a stake of the network's rewards based on for example the amount of coins they own. I see it as a greener and more decentralized (no big mining farms) way for blockchain networks. There is actually a PoS Bitcoin fork called Bitcoin Plus
>>
Easier explanation: With PoS you can earn interest on your coins...
>>
>>2027372
ETH was shilled 24/7 last year, XMR was somewhat but the ETH shilling took up half of the threads
>>
Many staking algorithms are distributing new coins "randomly" to the people staking. so the more coins you stake, the more ofteb you will receive new coins
>>
So can we all agree that XBY will bring something new to the table if they're able to successfully implement it?
>>
>>2027674
Yes. If they can pull it off. Always a risk. BUT very very high reward
>>
Regarding POSW:

"The fact that you are able to stake 100's+ of coins at the same time is an actual USEFUL service, because there's no other way to do this other than via the service poswallet delivers, because you can't have several wallets staking in your own computer as it would run out of CPU and RAM".

Copied from a post on Bitcointalk.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.