[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I can just go around to local small businesses who don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: shoopwoop.jpg (134KB, 886x886px) Image search: [Google]
shoopwoop.jpg
134KB, 886x886px
So I can just go around to local small businesses who don't know how to Internet and sell them low-effort WordPress sites for like $700 each, right?
>>
>>2016545
She looks better on the left desu
>>
>>2016548
ya
>>
>>2016548
>>2016554
No shit faggots. Answer my question pls
>>
>>2016545
if you can convince them it's worth it, yeah.

Upsell facebook/insta/google maps presence too
>>
>>2016562
Do you do this? You sound like you have some experience.
>>
[not actually] bumping
>>
>>2016548
literally came here just to say this....

fuck your thread OP
>>
>>2016596
>m'lady looks positively radiant without her makeup *tips fedora*

kill yourself faggot
>>
>>2016606
oh is that what i said? you're mad that your thread sucks and your idea is shit aren't you?
>>
>>2016611
i'm just glad you keep replying and bumping it
>>
>>2016615
ill bump it all day, doesn't mean anyone else is going to give you insight, since like i said, your idea is shit
>>
>>2016619
driving up the reply count objectively makes the thread more appealing to investigate, have you used 4chan for longer than a week newfriend?
>>
File: Screenshot_22.jpg (36KB, 428x557px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_22.jpg
36KB, 428x557px
>>2016588

pic related

You know why? Because literally everyone and their mother is doing this shit

Friend of mine registered an LLC and and instantly got spammed by website/hosting offers. Many even offer to make the page for free if you sign up for a hosting plan.

The world is full of useless pricks trying to skip where the bar is lowest. There are millions of restaurants, hair salons, dry cleaners - and mediocre web agencies. All of them fucking idiots making barely acceptable product and paying employees minimum wages so they can barely break even and keep their rotting carcass of a business alive for another year.

That is a miserable way to go through life. You have maybe 30-40 good years and then it's over. Might as well put in the effort and actually become great or create something of substance.
>>
>>2016623
yea
>>
>>2016627
Thank you for the effortpost. I'm actually employed full time as a programmer already, so this is really just side work for me, but perhaps I should put a bit more effort into it. I'm just skeptical of all these blogs I'm reading that insist I need to know Ruby and Node and MySQL before I can even begin, like I look at the website for the pizza place down the block and it looks like it took the guy about half an hour in WP to do it. It might be shit but people don't know any better, right?
>>
>>2016634
You sound like your native language is Tumblr
>>
>>2016567
Not but I've thought about it a bit. I'm not much of a salesman, and you'd have to really be able to demonstrate the value of what you're offering to potential customers, most small business owners wouldn't want to part with that much up front.
>>
>>2016627
Everything here.

OP you're entire strategy is wrong. You should be creating "value adding" websites, what's unique about your websites that every other cowboy web designer who did a weekend course and is spamming everyone won't do?

Also, she's better looking on the left. I think it's the eyeliner makes here eyes look smaller, and the lipstick makes her mouth look 'sad'.
>Is she wearing mascara in the left, or does she just have very thick eyelashes?
>>
>>2016548
I disagree. I like my women with smeared lipstick and running mascara to throatfuck
>>
>>2016548
came to the thread to say this.
>>
No OP thats my idea
>>
>>2016730
That's fair enough but, the real question is: which photo of her do you like better?
>>
As long as you know what you're doing, and the end result is good--why does it matter how it was built?

>>2016735
Left. If a woman looks good on Right, but not on the left. You've been duped!
>>
My aunt literally pays $200/mo for someone to manage a wordpress site. You can easily do this with many businesses. Target restaurants with shit web presence.
>>
>>2016656
What do you mean by value added? Offering to do social media? SEO?
>>
>>2016785
Exactly, this is what I'm talking about. There's no sense in spending 500 fucking hours learning how to re-invent the wheel with PHP and MySQL when technology-bewildered normies will part with thousands of dollars a year to have you update their WordPress blog.
>>
>>2016829
>What do you mean by value added? Offering to do social media? SEO?
How is that unique? Be a bit creative anon! I literally mean something that offers them more revenue.

If it's a Swimming Pool seller, maybe you say you can do them a "House Value Estimator" that gives a rough estimate how with a Aquahome brand Swimming Pool it can add to their customer's home property valye
If it's a restaurant maybe you can book through the website.
Maybe you put a kooky online game on it, some shitty Javascript thing, say it'll help the website
"go viral"
I don't know, this isn't my gig.

Doesn't even need to be a website feature. You could make it that not only do you make them a website but you give them a "online audit and strategic report" where you blab on about SEO, the PESO model, discuss their completion yadda yadda yadda stuff that can help them grow their business (it's also a great way to sell on additional services to them).
>>
Website flipping and all the activities that surround it like content creation and SEO are really scummy and shitty. If you really want to help the business you need to provide value; take a proper course on Internet marketing before you jump in and start throwing word press on people
>>
>>2016637
>>2016545
yeah you can. even better if you use google squarespace as you can tell them it improves their google results. they will have heard of google.

i used to manage a small business (c$1mm turnover) and there were always people coming in to sell some shit.
they key is to show what value it brings. you can either talk about fb presence or just a regular website. show them other examples of websites from similar businesses which look much better than their websites if they have one.

buy a hosting package and include that in the price, offer to do their social media updates for extra, or just set it up for free (not free, but included in the price).

make a mockup in photoshop/illustrator/wireframe program to show them what it could be.

it's a sales game, so you need to sell it as valuable and worthwhile and sell the benefits. what are their benefits? will giving you $1000 for a website generate more than $1000 for their business?
>>
>>2016545

Wat is your state?
>>
its a very good idea op , you just have to keep trying , its a competetive buisness and you need to show them why your idea is better and different
>>
It's not impossible to do, but you're not the first person to think of this shit. Not only is it no longer fresh, hip, and new, companies like Constant Contact exist pretty much exclusively to destroy the small market that you're trying to exploit. Plus, everyone's small business idea is this shit.

You need to not only be talented enough to mock something that's fast and looks nice, but slick enough to sell it. I used to work for a medium-size company and did this as a side job, so I could point to my real job as an example that I knew what I was doing. But I'd have people come in the front door of my company every day trying to sell their shit to me, and it was always the same sense of desperation on each one of their faces - knowing they needed to constantly be in business development mode just to bring in new business and put food on the table.

Remember man, time is money. For the 20 hours you're spending getting that lead and building the website (time that you're not building new leads), you're wasting the $15 an hour (which is shit) you could be working at some company that has the resources to just employ your ass $40 a week for more than $700.
>>
>>2016627
feels good to be a native speaker of a language pajeets can't into
feels good to know that many businesses here have had their sites build in early 2000s probably by an employee or owner's spawn
feels good to impress them with eye candy that took literally 30min to set up
feels good that they have no idea what maintenance really entails but opt for it nonetheless
feels good to have a portfolio as long as a wageslave's workday
as for 30-40 who gives a fuck, you get a large network of clients and adopt accordingly
who's to say your own labour will be worth anything in 2050
>>
>>2016545
It's a lot of frustrating work for cheap customers.
>>
>>2016627
>There are millions of restaurants, hair salons, dry cleaners - and mediocre web agencies. All of them fucking idiots making barely acceptable product and paying employees minimum wages so they can barely break even and keep their rotting carcass of a business alive for another year.
too true
man thats sad
>>
>>2017295
NY
>>
I've done this a couple times. When I was strapped for cash.
>>
>>2016545
Join us on discord as we're doing this live rn, except change the 700$ to 4k and 1k per month.

Doing lawn care prospecting and we have 5 meetings basically scheduled.

Also this /biz/ affiliate marketing discord is lit ->
https://discord.gg/SJgGZ
>>
>>2016545

A former co-worker of mine started doing this after getting a DUI and losing his job (we were in copier sales). Can't recall what his pricing was like. He also offered general IT support and trouble shooting as a service.

Regardless, if you're good at talking to people and selling the value of your service this is a viable business.
>>
>>2016657

I'm with this guy!
>>
>>2016657
Quality taste anon
>>
File: IMG_8936.jpg (522KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8936.jpg
522KB, 1920x1200px
Hey guys, I have my own local web design/SEO website which is search engine optimized so that I have potential clients coming to me on autopilot. This is in no way scammy to business owners if you no what you are doing and can add value to their business...

After making a business an awesome looking site and they are happy, I then pitch them my SEO service to bring them tons of new business. I'm really good with SEO and can pretty much rank any website for any search term and as a result my agency offers a double your money back guarantee if my SEO service doesn't pay itself off every month. Since they are already a happy, paying client of mine they usually have no problem signing up for my SEO pitch. Everything is tracked in google analytics and I'm able to charge local businesses $750-$2500 per month no problem.

I'm 21 and life's good, I created something that earns me mad cash while I can sit at home and smoke weed and play vidya all day. Anyone got any questions?
>>
>>2019872
21 too, college and I'm earning 250$ a month. Can I work for you?
>>
>>2016548
This
>>
>>2016627
Your target audience is supposed to be people who don't know how to internet outside of YouTube/Facebook/email.

My dad paid 2K for one of the shittiest websites I've seen a few years ago. I was overseas so I couldnt get him to avoid it.

Literally go to any business that has a shit website/no website and tell them you'll do a website, Facebook page, Yelp page, and change it once a month for them. Charge a flat fee because people hate subscription costs. $2000 in a few hours of uploading images and writing basic paragraphs.

Your target audience has no idea how to set up a website so they'll think 1-2K is a bargain.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.