[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm too pussy to quit my job /biz/. What do? I feel that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 2.-Website-Resign-450.jpg (38KB, 450x257px) Image search: [Google]
2.-Website-Resign-450.jpg
38KB, 450x257px
I'm too pussy to quit my job /biz/. What do? I feel that when I quit my job, my current employer will get mad at me and my coworkers will hate me.

I just need to click the Send Email button with my resignation letter and be done with it. But it's been 5 hours already and I still can't do it. Should I tell my employer first I have plans of quitting? I feel she will go beast mode on me. What do /biz/?
>>
> I feel that when I quit my job, my current employer will get mad at me and my coworkers will hate me

Who gives a fuck, you're out of there. As long as you're leaving on good terms and can still use them as a reference as needed it's fine, not your problem if they can't act in a mature / responsible manner, not worth the time or feels man.

> I just need to click the Send Email button with my resignation letter and be done with it.

Should do it in person desu famalam, otherwise if you're working offsite or something, then a phone call or something.
>>
File: 1478362687689.jpg (51KB, 785x644px) Image search: [Google]
1478362687689.jpg
51KB, 785x644px
>>2013483
If you will leave the job, you don't need to worry about what your boss or coworkers will think about it, you will not come into contact with them anymore, they're probably bot your idols either.
You can quit whenever you want, it's your time you are giving up for the job and it'snyou who decides where to spend it, not someone else, although if there is a project running, in which you are invovled it would save you from being a dick if you finish it or if you actually work on it a few days or a week after giving notice, that you're quitting, so they can find a replacement, that's just good manners and karma.
Bottom line is you should do what YOU think is right.
>>
>>2013483
I spoke to my boss upfront about it. Just told him that the job probably isn't suited to me and I'm looking to get into something new. He was surprisingly nice about it and let me leave the next week. That way you can tell your coworkers about how you're moving away. Come up with bullshit reasons for why you're leaving but preferably tell them in person. They might even give you farewell presents.
>>
>>2013494
>Who gives a fuck, you're out of there. As long as you're leaving on good terms and can still use them as a reference as needed it's fine, not your problem if they can't act in a mature / responsible manner, not worth the time or feels man.

My boss will tell me mean things man. I'm only two months at my job and I'm already quitting. She'll tell me that she's disappointed or worse curse me that I'll be poor and be a loser forever.
>>
>>2013494
>Should do it in person desu famalam, otherwise if you're working offsite or something, then a phone call or something.

Almost all the people who resigns here sends their resignation via email. If I resign personally the whole office will know it because our office is small.
>>
>>2013506
>If you will leave the job, you don't need to worry about what your boss or coworkers will think about it, you will not come into contact with them anymore, they're probably bot your idols either.
You can quit whenever you want, it's your time you are giving up for the job and it'snyou who decides where to spend it, not someone else, although if there is a project running, in which you are invovled it would save you from being a dick if you finish it or if you actually work on it a few days or a week after giving notice, that you're quitting, so they can find a replacement, that's just good manners and karma.
>Bottom line is you should do what YOU think is right.

Man, I just want to leave without saying anything. I mean the boss treats my like shit and even my coworkers treat me as well also. I mean I'm older than them by five years but they are way better than me. I am a low performer at my job even though I go to work earlier than them and leave later at work.
>>
>>2013535
Man the fuck up. But if you find it comfortable just do it via email, but still, nothing will make you better and stronger like sorting your shit it in person, it is hard and uncomfy, but makes you feel god afterwards.
>>
>>2013510
>I spoke to my boss upfront about it. Just told him that the job probably isn't suited to me and I'm looking to get into something new. He was surprisingly nice about it and let me leave the next week. That way you can tell your coworkers about how you're moving away. >Come up with bullshit reasons for why you're leaving but preferably tell them in person. They might even give you farewell presents.

I would want to resign in person but I'm too afraid to do it. I mean everyone here resigns via email. I will feel more empowered to do it in person but I am afraid to be ostracized and be in focused. The only time I can meet my boss is through a meeting and during meetings everyone at the office is hearing and seeing us because it is so small.

What can I do /biz/?
>>
We told you, either just email it and be done with it or do it in person.

I did my first one in person, and the second over the phone. The first time I was just up front about it and told them I had a good opportunity and was moving on, went fine, they said sorry to see you go etc, had a good lunch on my last day there.

The next place turned out to be shit and I found something amazing a few months in, boss was out of town and I couldn't wait a few days because I needed to resign asap as I was contractually obliged to give 4 weeks notice, so called up and told him, he didn't seem too happy but we had an in person meeting when he was back and I just explained that the move was insane for me not to take and he understood it and it was cool.

idk if sharing my limited experience helps or not, tl;dr just do it
>>
>>2013582
>We told you, either just email it and be done with it or do it in person.

If I email, should I emailed directly my boss and also "cc" the superiors whom I only report to in specific projects only? Should I inform my coworkers beforehand as well? My boss will only be reporting from abroad next week Monday. I don't want to wait until Monday to say I'm resigning. Or should I say my intentions already to the acting boss?
>>
>>2013483
Hey boyo, I just put in my two weeks recently, and Friday was my last day of work. Friday I also got accepted at a new job, starting in two weeks. Which means I'm a NEET for two weeks (awesome)! This is something that you will regret doing, as money has decreased value if quality of life drops as low as you seem to. Put in your two weeks, spend at least one hour per day sending out applications (Indeed gave me the best results), and look into starting a small business, as a hobby, on the side.
>>
>>2013919
Yep. Go up the chain. Its their responsibility to let the big boss know. They wont care as much as you man. Dont let them run your life, jeez. You sound so miserable
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
I quit my job a few weeks ago and today is my first Monday without a job. Like the pic says, feels good man. Coworkers took me out for happy hour last week and were all completely jealous of leaving. For the next month, I'll be working on resumes and studying for my CFA exam. Time to go make a heaping plate of corned beef hash for breakfast
>>
>>2013932
>Put in your two weeks, spend at least one hour per day sending out applications (Indeed gave me the best results), and look into starting a small business, as a hobby, on the side.

I have a small business on the side but it's only a small online shop. Like I earn more than half of the monthly salary of my current job through that business.

I don't want to be humiliated man. Because if I resign I will look like a loser etc.
>>
>>2013483
Holy shit don't be such a pussy about it.

As long as you have some cash coming in from somewhere else who gives a shit. Not even your boss gives a shit.
>>
>>2014005
Well part of the reason why I am not fully quitting is because my boss really hates me for having low performance at work. I know she already wants me to quit so she won't pay me salary anymore. If I quit that means she already won.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.