[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm quitting my job as a Marketing (Product and Branding)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images.png (6KB, 307x164px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
6KB, 307x164px
I'm quitting my job as a Marketing (Product and Branding) Executive in an ad agency to work as an Insurance Broker and have more time to work on my side business.

I have been working for 12 hours a day without overtime and I believe I will be earning more if I am to become a salesman. I also don't want to work in my current job anymore.

Redpill me on sales and is this a bad decision?
>>
I'm getting tired of an office job as well.
>>
>>2013422
Given that ad agencies pay like shit it's very likely that you'll make more

t. worked for an ad agency
>>
File: $_35.jpg (13KB, 239x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
13KB, 239x300px
>>2013431
>Given that ad agencies pay like shit it's very likely that you'll make more

It's not like a typical ad agency. The specialty of the company is that it promotes its clients through creating notebooks, journals and planners. Pic kind of related. We also have in house planners.
>>
>>2013422
bumping to know more about being an Insurance agent
>>
Insurance broker here. It's not as easy at it seems. Life insurance can be good, commission for an agent the first year is usually 80-100%, then each year after it is like 1%. Health insurance because of Obamacare, is really crappy right now, even group sales is sucky.
Property & Casualty, it's good, but it's a lot of maintenance...and if there is ever a catastrophe, it's a lot of hours and effort to keep up with helping your clients...and then re-writing their policies.
If you work on your own, commission for auto/home is usually between 10 and 15% per policy. If you work under an agent, you get a portion of that.
Anyhow, you really only make money once you've created a book of business. The good thing is everyone has a need for insurance, bad thing is everyone is looking for the cheapest rate right now, not necessarily the best product.
>>
>>2014041
>Insurance broker here. It's not as easy at it seems. Life insurance can be good, commission for an agent the first year is usually 80-100%, then each year after it is like 1%.

So that means I need to always make a sale right?

>Health insurance because of Obamacare, is really crappy right now, even group sales is sucky.

I don't live in the US but yeah soon this country might also offer the same kind.

>Anyhow, you really only make money once you've created a book of business.

What do you mean? Should I create my own book?
>>
I'm an independent insurance broker and as long as you're not dealing with the headaches of health insurance right now, I could not recommend my career any higher.
You get back what you put into it. If you go out and pound the pavement and build a book of business, literally all you'll have to do is keep your clients happy and you'll have them for life.
You don't even need that big of a book of business to live comfortably, and the sky is literally the limit.
I highly recommend anything commission based, especially insurance.
>>
>>2014041
>bad thing is everyone is looking for the cheapest rate right now, not necessarily the best product
I focus on finding people with assets they want to protect. Go after middle-upper class clients. Those are the people you WANT as your clients.
The people who just want a piece of paper that says they have insurance, I send them to the geicos of the world. I don't want those kind of clients.
>>
>>2014058
>>Anyhow, you really only make money once you've created a book of business.
>What do you mean? Should I create my own book?

Yes. Go pound the pavemet, cold call people, and join a local entrepreneurs group. That's where you'll get most of your business. Go after other entrepreneurs, they not only have a lot of assets but they are always looking to protect them.
Those are your targets - the people with something worth protecting
>>
Oh and just know that if you go into property and casualty if a catastrophe strikes your life will be hell for about a few months.
But that's where you prove to your client your worth. If you can keep them happy even when they've lost everything, that's a client for life.
>>
>>2014190
>Yes. Go pound the pavemet, cold call people, and join a local entrepreneurs group.

Oh so that's what creating a book means.

>>2014190
>o after other entrepreneurs, they not only have a lot of assets but they are always looking to protect them.
>Those are your targets - the people with something worth protecting

>o after other entrepreneurs, they not only have a lot of assets but they are always looking to protect them.
>Those are your targets - the people with something worth protecting

Well I'll be selling health and life insurance to be specific. Does that mean I should go sell non-life insurance instead?
>>
>>2013422
Isnt insurance salesman a meme? I buy my insurance from usaa. And if your not a vet, geico or farmers is prety good. Isn't insurance pretty much a comodity atbthis point?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.