[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steve Jobs was a true genius. https://www.youtube.com/watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (8KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8KB, 214x235px
Steve Jobs was a true genius.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF-tKLISfPE
>/biz/ will find a bunch of autistic reasons to discredit him
>>
>>2008806
He was not a genius. he was a salesman - that's why he deflects that criticism, he's not right, he just makes you FEEL he's right.
Jon Ive, Steve Wozniack, Ed Catmull, John Lasseter: these are the guys who's talent he banked on you fucking contrarian piece of shit.

t. slowly making my way through every Apple book and Jobs biography that has primary sources/research
>>
>>2008812
>that's why he deflects that criticism, he's not right, he just makes you FEEL he's right.

he was right though. just look at the results, and how he ended up changing the world.
>>
I don't use Apple products but jobs was a boss. The haters can fuck off. He understood users like nobody else could, and he knew people don't know what they want
>>
>>2008812
Yep. Business side and technical side is the ultimate model. Only some very rare people understand both, Bill Gates and Zuckerberg most notably. Almost every other business has a mix of technical and business oriented founders. The 1 technical founder and 1 business oriented founder is the best mix.
>>
Nigga scares the shit outta me. especially when hes in skeleton mode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-oIL9cLHDc
>>
>>2008822
>he was right though. just look at the results, and how he ended up changing the world.
Wow, leave some Kool Aid for the other normies.

He didn't change the world, Desktop computing for consumers, Smartphones, MP3 players and the miniaturization of ubiquitous computing was already on the way.

The only thing he did was strike the deathknell of tradition hand-drawn animation which has created this entire genre of shitty CGI films with pointless "celebrity" voices and trailers that do bad jokes about songs from the early 90's.

Even look at that computer in your OP, what a ugly piece of shit! The 'psychedelic' translucent colors!? How on earth has anyone accused Apple of good taste when the thing that turned around the company was unleashing those eyesores on the world!
>>
>>2008812
So was Jobs the ultimate "ideas guy"?
>>
>>2008836
>The haters can fuck off. He understood users like nobody else could
Yeah he pandered to the lowest common denominator, his entire principle was "KISS - Keep It Simple, Stupid!" emphasis on the stupid.

Also, he ruined smartphones... I use to love my blackberry style full keyboard, but then when I needed to buy a new phone all I could get was these fucking smugy screen disgusting touch screens!

Usability my ass! It's harder to type, less accurate, and I'm cosntantly distracted when I watch a video by my own fucking greasy fingerprints... no matter howmany times I wipe the surface

How you can bring yourself to idolize a man who lucked into everything he ever got in life is just sad.
>>
A charlatan that has been propped up by brainless dipshits around the world.
>>
overrated desu pham

he was excellent at selling accessibility to people who didn't have the best grasp on tech
>>
>>2008846
I don't think so, because he had very few original ideas. He was a facilitator and a marketer, that's what he was best at: he introduced fashion brand style marketing to the technology world, and a marketer's mentality to product design.

In fact it was his ineptitude with technology that made him a good conduit between engineers who can't put their head in the minds of idiot normies who won't bother to learn how to use a device. However Jobs cheated, he made his products simple: in other words limited their functionality. It's a lot easier to achieve an easier interface when you limit the functionality.
>>
>>2008861
To be honest, if you hate on him for doing that, then you probably hate a lot of the human working population. Very few individuals actually produce, grow, or maintain anything of value to society. Many knowledge workers are just gears in the machine of bureaucracy (the wagecuck).

Jobs to me seems like he was a very good consolidator. As you mentioned, people like engineers can't often be as creative or innovative (or perhaps they can, but they don't know how to make something useful for the average person). They don't always have the direction and know-how, even though they know how to actually make something. It's takes the businessperson to bring it all together.
>>
>>2008846
He was a user experience, design, & marketing guy
>>
>>2008892
>then you probably hate a lot of the human working population. Very few individuals actually produce, grow, or maintain anything of value to society. Many knowledge workers are just gears in the machine of bureaucracy (the wagecuck).

Only the smug ones. I'm too egocentric to give a fuck about 85% of the world's population.

>>2008892
>Jobs to me seems like he was a very good consolidator
Would you be able to rephrase that - only because I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean he was good at getting teams to work towards a goal? Or realigning a team of engineer's objective? Or was he good at creating the team?
>>
>>2008976
What I mean is that he seems like he was able to formulate goals, plan towards them, organize people towards that goal, and allocate appropriately. I'm getting this from the fact that Apple started going downhill when he was originally fired. These are extremely stressful things to do. It's not just making a product that matters.

In saying that, I probably haven't looked into Jobs near as much as you.
>>
>>2008806
I agree, what now?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.