[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you read the posts in the archive from back when ETH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 1435068974819.jpg (130KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1435068974819.jpg
130KB, 800x800px
>tfw you read the posts in the archive from back when ETH was first mentioned on here
It's a strange feel
>>
File: 1490580204292.png (544KB, 952x677px) Image search: [Google]
1490580204292.png
544KB, 952x677px
Whats the difference between how ETH was shilled vs other spam shit coins?
>>
>>2008106
That's what I was trying to find out, there's no real difference as far as I can tell.
>>
>>2008126
You will have to do your own research. I was one of the early ones in eth and I read up on all the coins shilled here but eth struck out to me

That's al you have to do to tell what the shills are, just read up on the coins and see if it has actual substance
>>
File: based.jpg (77KB, 955x741px) Image search: [Google]
based.jpg
77KB, 955x741px
Here's some good ETH quotes from this time last year

>ether is DONE DAO was like 99% of the point of ether. you dont buy ether or you will lose all you invest. its going to zero town. a year from now you'll have to pay somebody to accept your cancer eth KEK

>Slowly bleeding out on the cold, cold floor. It's a lovely sight.

BEST ONE:
>I was about to buy Ethereum when it first reached $14. I had my cursor over the "Buy" button and my finger on the left mouse button. Then I realized how stupid that was.

(sarcasm):
>Yeha man definitely not a scamcoin. pre-mined shitcoins are never scams.This is the face of a man you can trust!
>>
>>2008319
were they all "it's a scamcoin" or was there any positive shilling going on?
>>
>>2008332
vast majority were negative, honestly i got the feel that if i was in that thread I wouldn't have payed any attention to eth
>>
>>2008186
That's the thing, a lot of the coins here are substantive and would have seemed more viable than Eth and its "smart contracts" if the coins of today were shilled along with Eth a couple years ago.

I still remember people badmouthing smart-contracts as just another meme, which, it seemed to really be. Just as with Bitcoin, few could have predicted that Ether coin was more than just a flavor-of-the-month meme, and most others just got lucky.

Furthermore, Eth's meme status seemed to have been cemented with with the DAO hack, forks, and Vitalik's constant sell-offs.

In truth, very little distinguishes a worthwhile coin from a cleverly (or not so cleverly) disguised scam-coin.
>>
The moral is that it's all a fucking gamble and nobody really has any idea what they're talking about.
>>
File: 1492203569083.jpg (207KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492203569083.jpg
207KB, 1280x720px
>>2008367
I feel this so much, everything is just a joke, nothing matters, nobody knows anything about whether a stock will go up or down. it's a meme world out there
>>
File: 1481637427901.jpg (81KB, 330x495px) Image search: [Google]
1481637427901.jpg
81KB, 330x495px
>>2008319
>ywn drunkenly hook up with vitalik
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.