[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What amount of money do you consider 'comfortably wealthy',

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: money.jpg (34KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
money.jpg
34KB, 640x427px
What amount of money do you consider 'comfortably wealthy', an amount you can live off for a long time without hardship.

$200,000 sounds reasonable to me.
>>
File: ebil.jpg (7KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
ebil.jpg
7KB, 212x237px
One..Million..Dollars!
>>
>>2007708
if you dont have a job (and no debt), id say you'd need about a mill for 25 years

1 month
rent a good place = $1k (city living)
utilities = $250
grocery = $250
fun fund = $500
misc expen = $500
>>
At the 4% withdrawal rate where you've got it invested but are living off dividends/interest?

Anywhere from 500k to 1mm depending on your exact financial scheme.
>>
5 million can last you a good 20 years if you don't blow it on strippers.
>>
>>2007726
This guy knows what's uh!
>>
>>2007744
what the fuck.... I spend $500 in beer alone in one month

and rent? be a millionaire and rent? and rent? RENT?

$250 dollars for utilities? my cellphone bill is double that

are you living in 1952 in your head?
Comfortable, if you're single, no dependents would be around 2mil at least.

If you want that wifey and a couple of kids I'd say double that

a house in a decent neighborhood is going to easily cost half a mil. and you don't want public schools unless you want LaQuisha teaching your kids ebonics
>>
>>2007827
$500 for beer a month? what the fuck are you doing

rent allows you to move to different neighborhoods if you want and dont have to worry about property going to shit / pipes bursting

>+$250 cellphone plan
do you rent your own fucken satellite? A normal phone plan of 6gigs, unlimited call and text is like 50 bucks
>>
>>2007844
>$500 for beer a month? what the fuck are you doing

It's called a bar. There you can meet women and watch ball games and play pool and things like that. It's not uncommon to rack up a $100 tab in a single night of good ole rowdy bar fun.

>rent allows you to move to different neighborhoods if you want and dont have to worry about property going to shit / pipes bursting
No, our basic human rights allow us to move freely to different neighborhoods. Renting is for college kids and single moms. Its throwing away money and getting nothing in return except for a temporary place to stay. When you pay off a mortgage you are buying something that has value. If you're not in the hood, this value will increase over time. Not to mention, it can be passed on through to the younger generations giving your family and their children a stronger future to stand on.

>do you rent your own fucken satellite? A normal phone plan of 6gigs, unlimited call and text is like 50 bucks

No, I go places and I use data. I need verizon because it has signal almost EVERYWHERE and that comes at a premium. It's 2017, 6 gigs is like 3 web pages.
>>
>>2007827
>>2007870

where the fuck do you live that everything is so expensive? San Fran? Saudi Arabia? It sounds like you need to budget better if shit is that expensive cause it shouldn't be.
>>
about half a million
>>
3-5 million at least. i mean, 200k is like 10-20% of what it costs to buy a somewhat decent home in a city. in the long run 200k is nothing.
>>
>>2007870
>>2007827
Lol get the fuck off this board.

You absolutely 100% do not belong here.
>>
>>2007744
>rent a good place = $1k (city living)
Have you ever rented a 'good place' in a 'city'? Because you're looking at about $2k for 'good'
>>
>>2007870
>No, our basic human rights allow us to move freely to different neighborhoods. OK
>Renting is for college kids and single moms.
Unfounded statement
>Its throwing away money and getting nothing in return except for a temporary place to stay.
What's the alternative?
>When you pay off a mortgage you are buying something that has value.
Somewhat true, although you never own it (hence property tax)
If you're not in the hood, this value will increase over time.
lol
>Not to mention, it can be passed on through to the younger generations giving your family and their children a stronger future to stand on.
Yeah, give them the costs of ownership

I pay $1600 rent for 2x2 in city
That gets me a place to live, no maintenance, no property tax, no HOA, nothing to think about other than electricity and water

I could pay $1200 rent for a comparable, but then I'd need to add $250 HOA, $200 property tax, $100-$500 maintenance each month and then some.

I own a home AND I rent a place so I get both sides of the argument. There's a reason why I rent out the home I own in favour of also renting.
>>
>>2007827
>>2007870
This is one of those Australian posters, right? How can one man mismanage his money this hard?
>>
>>2007870

Retard
>>
i always thought a million but my dad says five so thats what im shooting for.
>>
>>2008755
clearly not australian, house in a decent neighborhood here you'll be starting at 1.5 mil, $500 on a night out easy, phones you would really struggle to spend more than about 100 bucks
>>
>>2007708
>$200,000 sounds reasonable to me.
per year?
>>
>>2008783
>dad doesn't work, mum makes 67k
>they have maybe 40k in savings
>went to public school
>currently in uni, 55k hecs debt
>work casual fast-food
>bought secondhand car after 2 years of saving in highschool
>clearly not living the "rich lyf"
>but house is worth 3mil
This market is autistic..
>>
>>2008947
yes. it is fucking nuts
>>
>>2008754
youre right, my grandmas does this
>>
>>2007708
whats the verdict on this thread?
>>
>>2007827
Lol I only pay:
$450 rent
$50 Internet
<$50 electric
$75 food
$50 car insurance
>>
>>2007708
3 million
>>
>>2007827
>Comfortable, if you're single, no dependents would be around 2mil at least.

You seem to be unaware that 99.99% of the world raises families with far less money than that...

>a house in a decent neighborhood is going to easily cost half a mil

Only if you're living in some of the most expensive places in the US.
>>
>>2009277
>You seem to be unaware that 99.99% of the world raises families with far less money than that...

Yeah but he needs to be able to buy his three daily large frappucinos and go out for drinkypoos every night.
>>
Right now I have a home paid for, $550k in a brokerage account, well and septic tank so no bills for that, only have electricity, food, taxes, insurance, Internet, misc expenses. We live in Vermont so property taxes are fairly high and so is most other things. Even so I spend around $1500 a month, and it's been a lot of larger expenses since we may moved here and needed to buy shit for the house.

Assuming you lived in a state with low property taxes and cost of living, bought a small home free and clear, didn't raise a large family, you could live on less than $500k easily.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.