[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Some businessman just reached out to me so I can make him a very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: pepe_sweat.jpg (38KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_sweat.jpg
38KB, 600x568px
Some businessman just reached out to me so I can make him a very simple PC program for his business. He was like "haha this better not be expensive" like three times.

How do you know what your work's worth? How much value does being quick add? Should I charge per hour of work? How do I prove I didn't work less?

I've never been asked for a commission before, and the guy needs an answer in two hours. Any help/advice?
>>
>>2003479
>how do I prove I didn't work less
Ahh the beauty of consulting.
I work for a consulting firm. Charge by the hour and all hours are self-reported. Why anyone would pay for this is beyond me but that's the way it is.

Charge him out the ass OP. $150-250 per hour is unironically a good rate if you're good. It's also his fault for not agreeing to a price and getting it in writing.

You as the seller get to set what you deem to be a fair market price and it is 100% his fault if he didn't get you to agree in writing beforehand.
>>
Come up with an hourly rate you're comfortable with, determine how many hours you think it will take, add 20%, then quote that as the price. If he gives you shit about it, tell him to have someone else make it.

Also make it clear that training or additional features/maintenance will be billed at your hourly rate plus the 20% you added. Don't tell him about the 20% markup. I charge $105/hr for IT consulting if that helps, but that is driven by the market I'm in.
>>
>>2003479
Premium pricing is a thing. Builders do it all the time if a job is going to be particularly awkward or they just can't be bothered.

Pretty much this >>2003496. Charge him to fuck. He sounds pretty clueless anyway so just be assertive.
>>
>>2003479
Work on it for X hours and him for 2-3 times that amount of hours at $50/hr. He'd look Jewish to complain over $50/hr and you're actually charging him $100-150/hr. I'm an architect and I do this all the time. Usually bill double hours and charge 60-80$/hr depending on how rich the client is and how hard the job is.
>>
>>2003510
and bill him**
>>
File: 1470440711074.png (85KB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1470440711074.png
85KB, 388x218px
>>2003479
Tell him to pay you in ETH

The longer it takes you to finish the job the closer to the moon you will journey
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.