[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me get this straight. The point of "making it"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Capture.png (280KB, 1978x1004px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
280KB, 1978x1004px
Let me get this straight.
The point of "making it" with digital currencies is to buy some during "dips"(numbers 1-32 in the pic) and then try to sell them at the highest price point before the price begins to tank?

What would be a wiser strategy?:
1) Buy dips and try to sell before massive price drop. (Is this considered to be "trading"?)
2) Buy during A or B and hold
>>
>>2000628
Its hard to lose money on ETH and BTC.

Its hard to lose money on other altcoins because the market is really bullish unless you buy at the top of a 3000% pump like most of /biz/

Accumulate. Diversify. Hold. Don't chase.
>>
>>2000628
The problem is, where is the peak of a bull run?

You may think it's a bad idea to buy at $1330, but it may go parabolic to hit $5000 before it crashes and finds a new higher floor.
>>
File: angles2.png (163KB, 1666x841px) Image search: [Google]
angles2.png
163KB, 1666x841px
Look at the angles

There's no reason it cannot shoot to unforeseen moon, higher we can imagine.

This is BTC, not some grandpa stock.

20 billion marketcap is nothing, room for growth is nuts.
>>
>>2000675
>MFW he doesn't know the trick to determine the bull run peak
>>
>>2000689
share?

t. brainlet
>>
File: TAmemes.jpg (279KB, 2454x1215px) Image search: [Google]
TAmemes.jpg
279KB, 2454x1215px
>>2000628
>>
>>2001366
what's that?
>>
>>2002107
Probably just some random lines he drew.
>>
>>2000628

no,

just do dollar cost averaging
>>
This diagram doesn't label the 'dips' that never turned into peaks that would leave you at a loss if you were trying this method.
>>
>>2000651
>unless you buy at the top of a 3000% pump like most of /biz/
That hurt, anon. :( Not my feelings, but my wallet's.
>>
Simple geometry
>>
>>2001280
There's no trick to know where a peak is, otherwise he would be rich and not a waggie/NEET.
>>
You must have balls if you bought in those dips on '15 and '16 with the hacker news.

Atleast add less volume cause of the chinese/etf.

It's up to you how you feel after it hits a "floor" and just let it retest the floor, don't hold emotions to it. If you're comfortable with trading bullish momentum with 20 trades, do that. Or maybe just 5
>>
>>2002218
I mean why not?
Bad news = people panicking and selling = great deal.
>>
>>2002174
kek
>>
>>2002148
Yes, but if you held onto those "dips that ""never"" turned peaks" you would see that they eventually do. For example compare 11 with price of today..
>>
It's not that easy.

I don't really actively trade myself, I'd probably just lose. I just buy "good coins", preferably when they're down and hold. I had taken a long break from this bullshit for a while so I missed the XMR pump but bought around 0.008 - 0.009. I sold somewhere after the GUI and bought DCR. Got stupidly lucky with DCR.

In both cases: dead chart ('B zone' in pic) but good fundamentals. Not too easy to spot either though and there's no telling if they're going to be dead indefinitely.

I missed ETH as I was tied to other bags but I considered hopping in after the DAO disaster.
>>
>>2002958
By "missed ETH" do you mean that it used to be about a $1 for per ETH and now it's $60+?
But it could go up to say $500 and if that would be the case then you'd still not be "missing out", right? Then again the point of all this is that no one knows if it will shoot up to $500 or $1000 or $0.

>tied to other bags
Does that mean you bought some altcoins and then they became worthless and no one will buy them? How do you get rid of bags - at a loss?
>>
>>2002174
Well TA'd my dude
>>
>>2002148
BTC always peaks above your buy eventually.
>>
>>2000628
If you don't know how to trade, just buy ETH on every dip you can afford to. Try to get it near the bottom, when it starts moving sideways before bouncing back up, but don't focus too much on the timing; it is literally impossible to predict the actual bottom or top, and both investors and traders make more money when they stop trying.
>>
>>2002989
>How do you get rid of bags - at a loss?
Exactly.
Something you need to learn as soon as possible is to cut your losses on bad trades. Lots of people on this board like to double down when they're losing, and that's why they're all broke NEETs.

That's not to say doubling down isn't a valid strategy, but you need to make sure the fundamentals and technicals are still pointing to profit.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.