[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When a company does well, the standard of living should theoretically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: CEO.jpg (50KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
CEO.jpg
50KB, 600x577px
When a company does well, the standard of living should theoretically go up for all execs and employees, top to bottom.

When a company does poorly, the standard of living should theoretically go down for all execs and employees.

Why is this not actually how it works? A company that does well still shits on its employees, and a company that does poorly does everything it can to keep execs making the same money they'd make in a successful scenario while shitting even harder on its employees.
>>
>>2000084
Because America has poor business ethics
>>
Because some shareholders and execs are only present to loot the company before bailing out with golden parachutes to other jobs and other investments. They'll make cuts that fuck up the company's market share in favor of short term profit, then bail with their high bonuses and stock prices, leaving others to clean up the mess afterward in theory. In practice big companies tend to just repeatedly take these sorts of hits until they are terminal and forced to restructure the valid parts of the company while selling off what they can, then they function well enough until the cycle of upper class parasitism starts again.

No joke mate, but I wish it were.
>>
>>2000084
because regular workers are dispensable, execs can easily find other similar paying jobs with a great loss to a company due to uncertainty and all the restructuring it will have to do with a new exec, who will probably want to change some of the company's operations
>>
>>2000102
Buy low, sell high YEET.
>>
>>2000102
Pretty much. The CEO at the company I work for won't go public because last company he ran did and was run into the ground by shortsighted investors and board members.

We all get bonuses when we meet or exceed revenue monthly goals, we get bonuses for meeting quarterly goals (in addition to our performance based quarterly bonus), or he feels like giving one out. Best company I've worked for.
>>
>>2000084
Companies do well partially by screwing those at the bottom of the totem pole.
>>
>>2000084
Because employees allow it, and shareholders demand it.
>>
>>2000084
Human nature. And we can't avoid it. It's in our DNA because our "mother" nature is fucking nasty.

At least people won't starve to death unlike in some third world country or back in medieval times. Progress!
>>
Employees are common garbage in the united states. Dime a dozen. They take what you give them. Especially the dark skinned ones.
>>
>tfw my company is employee-owned
OP that is exactly how the company I work for works and our profits are outstanding. 5000+ employees so far, a solid long history and reputation, and still growing strong.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.