[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm giving you 14.2 seconds to explain why you aren't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: clip20150720at025531.jpg (81KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
clip20150720at025531.jpg
81KB, 600x544px
I'm giving you 14.2 seconds to explain why you aren't learning how to program right fucking now.
>>
>>1999484
I literally lack the necessity of learning that skill
>>
File: 1483339590410.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483339590410.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>1999484
tell me the benefits of learning how to program anyway

>tfw you can't cause it's all fucking Pajeets
>>
>can barely program
>earn €3500 a month

Good choice
>>
I'm about to start coding to automate something
>>
I don't poo in the loo.
>>
Not intelligent enough.
>>
Don't have time. CFA exam is in a month.
>>
>>1999484
>>1999536
any tips, what language to learn as a beginner?

also, how important is math in programming, can you be a decent programmer if you suck at math?
>>
>>1999484
Where do I start?
>>
I'm better than the average programmer, but not enough initiative to get a job.

>>1999564
Math is not important, but you can't be a fucktard. If you're "bad at math" you might be a fucktard. Then again, there are plenty of fucktard programmers, so don't let that stop you.
>>
>>1999484
It's boring. And there's no resources that actually explain how to get a job. Most guides say shit like "do codecademy then work on projects."

What is the actual application of all the beginner shit? I don't want to make fizzbuzz I just want a fucking job
>>
>>1999564
>can you be a decent programmer if you suck at math?
You need to have a good grasp of inductive reasoning and recursion. You don't need to memorize anything daunting. Of course this depends on what kind of programmer you want to be, if you want to just make pretty websites for people then you don't need math. Just dedication and patience.
>>
>>1999662
Don't program to get a job. That's a shitty mindset to have. Find a product that is really inefficient and fix inefficiencies. Once you can do that, use your success to seek out others and penetrate larger markets.

Getting a job is fine, but don't let it get in the way of your goals. Make sure it's related. Don't worry much about the pay, as long as it's relevant to what you wanna do. A job will not get you rich so use it to fund your lifestyle, and improve your skillset instead.

My dad worked in construction for a long time making pennies on the dollar for what he was actually worth, but he learned everything about the industry, hopping around a lot. Now he is a builder working on new constructions for private clients. He leveraged his skillset extremely well and earned >700K last year.
>>
>>1999712
>Find a product that is really inefficient and fix inefficiencies
how do I find products like that ? I know a bit of webdev (mostly frontend), but I don't have any ideas for my own projects
>>
>>1999484
I know how to program. I AM GOD
>>
>>1999484

I don't want to be a code monkey
>>
>>1999484
It's boring and nearly impossible to find a job unless you have a degree. The other option is to build a god-tier portfolio and hope somebody notices you, but not everyone has the chops to stick with something like that if they don't find it interesting. You literally have to spend 1,000+ hours learning that shit and build a bunch of projects, and if programming isn't something that gives you a rush, you're basically wasting your time because you'll be competing with hundreds of other people who are passionate about it.
>>
>>1999484
I'm going to college in the fall. Graduated high school 2 years ago, just been wage slaving. Wish me luck /biz/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.