[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tier list thread. post em'. i find these super interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1429850100481.jpg (275KB, 857x721px) Image search: [Google]
1429850100481.jpg
275KB, 857x721px
tier list thread. post em'.
i find these super interesting for some reason.
>>
>tfw get no respect as an accounting major
>social skills aren't good enough for finance major
>couldn't make it as a wise man
>couldn't cut it as a poor man stealing
>>
>>1997207
>tfw suicide tier major
>tfw studying anthropology
>>
>>1998874
Why not change it or double major? Is it too late for you?
>>
>>1997207
Without a strong background in finance, computer science or engineering, that math degree is overrated IMO.

I also think these tiers ranked for people who want to be highly paid wagecucks for the rest of their lives. How would it look for prospective self-employed, business-owners or investors?
>>
>tfw foreign language/translation studies
It's ok but sometimes I wish I studied something like computer science or engineering to take active part in the development of new technologies ;_;
>>
>>1997207
>tfw graduated with Mathematics major and became an actuary
>tfw I'm not a math teacher but actually make bank fresh out of college
Feels great.
>>
Why is military officer never listed on these?
>>
>>1997207
I always thought this chart is so out of place on /pol/. Theology and Phrenology should be in the highest tier for once.
>>
>>1998914
Wrong. Self-study a little finance with a math degree like me and you'll do fine.

But yeah, something like a double major in finance and statistics with a minor in math and a few self-studied certifications like the actuarial tests, CFA, would be even better. With a 4.0 gpa that's like 6 figure starting.

To your other point, a college kid who lands a superb job and then starts investing and growing money can start a business in a few years with his own capital and compound his growth even more.
>>
>>1997207
>Aerospace Engineer
>Unbelievable tier

Ok, name some billionaires who studied Aerospace engineering... I'll wait.

Economics, Finance, CS, Business Admin should be on the top. This is a glorified wagecuck general thread.
>>
>Chart so fucking deluded you know it was made by a first year university student probably majoring in the Arts

>God tier should consist of Sales, Policing/Firefighters, Nursing, SOME Engineering fields, Computer Science/tech bullshit.

I work in sales and make twice as much as my ER Doctor friend at the local hospital

I know cops with grade 12 educations making more than my post grad friends majoring in the "sciences"

Friends sister is a HS dropout that took a 2.5 year nursing program that makes 110$ an hour on OT at the local hospital

I have 2 friends with masters in Physics related fields that still work at Starbucks while awaiting government "grants" for "research"
>>
>>1998907
But I love anthropology and it's not possible where i live to double major
>>
>>1997207
I'll take my history degree and military experience over pretty much everything on that list.

Especially the ones in "unbelievable tier". Not sure what the point of a high degree rating if you can't make money
>>
>>1998983
Business is worthless m8, it doesn't offer any skills that other majors (e.g. Math/Econ/Finance/CS/Engineering) can't easily pretend to have.

>>1999049
Just realize that your choice isn't between majoring in something you love vs majoring in something you don't love. It's majoring in something you love while being a poorfag vs. majoring in something you don't love while being well-off.
>>
>>1999092
I swear to god it's so much easier to learn about literally anything when you're out of college. Just buy the resources you want and study them. This is way, way better learning than trying to do the same thing in college.

Just get the degree for the job you want. Learning things outside of that is easier done on your own.
>>
>>1997207

Ironically I think Economics is hit or miss. Phds at top tier univerisites are highly worth it but you have to deal with the bullshit that is academia.

Currently getting just getting my undergrad in econ and it makes people think I'm a bit smarter than I really am, so it's nice in that sense.

I was originally accounting and found it easy but incredibly dull and I didn't want to see spreadsheets 24/7. My buddies that are going big 4 will probably kill it if they put in their 3-5 years. The payoff is certainly there but I see it as a very long tedious grind
>>
>>1998914
You don't need a degree to be self-employed you mongoloid.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.