[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm starting uni in September at a good university (UK).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IBM shop.jpg (935KB, 4081x2295px) Image search: [Google]
IBM shop.jpg
935KB, 4081x2295px
So I'm starting uni in September at a good university (UK). I applied to do Computer Science but I'm thinking of switching to Physics. I don't plan on pursuing career in either field; I actually plan to do medicine in England or Canada after getting my bachelors or if I don't get into medical school then I'll do law in America.

So which should I do? I like both and can't really decide. If my medicine/law plans fall through, which is a better degree to have? I know a lot of people are going into the tech industry these days because it pays a lot, but surely the industry is reaching its saturation point.
>>
>>1990730
>going in the most roundabout way towards a career
>plans on maybe doing law in America but then calls IT "too saturated"

Go read some job reports you literal fucking retard.
>>
>>1990749
I don't plan on being a lawyer if I do a law degree. I'd just do it because I have an interest in law. It teaches extremely useful skills at a very high level too. Plenty of people do a law degree but never practice law.

>go read some job reports
who the fuck does this you sad cunt

comp sci or physics
>>
>>1990758
>I don't plan on being a lawyer if I do a law degree. I'd just do it because I have an interest in law. It teaches extremely useful skills at a very high level too. Plenty of people do a law degree but never practice law.

So you'll have a degree, that's all an employer will see. You still have to bring other value to the table.

>who the fuck does this you sad cunt
People who want to make informed decisions on their future career, but what should I expect from someone who has the great idea of going the most retarded route towards a career.

I don't care what you do, but you need to know how stupid your plan is because you sound like an uppity cunt.
>>
What uni in the UK?
>>
>>1990730
Does UK allow minoring in a subject? If so, I'd major Computer Science and minor Physics. Comp Sci has much more practical day-to-day application and Physics is good for being well-rounded and educated.

Not sure why you say you'd do law in America. I'm an American with a JD. Practiced for a year and realized it's a loser's game. If you don't get into a T14 then you have to get law review your first year or you're fucked. Went to a low-end T50 for a 66% scholarship. Lucky to get a job after passing the bar but it's a total crapshoot if you're not at a larger firm. Paydays are low and you're really rolling the dice on cases. Some are huge pay-outs, others (most of them) are for pennies.

I got a healthcare LLM and transitioned to consulting. I make $162k but I have no life. It's been three years since I've spent more than 14 days in one state. Literally. Saved enough that I'm going to quit this year and set up shop solo.

Long-winded way to say do medicine. There's a shortage of doctors so you're essentially guaranteed employment. The idea that having a JD will make you attractive to other employers is false. Instead, they will question why you have a JD and are not practicing.

Hope this helps.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.