[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it financially feasible to run a restaurant in the style of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Whole Foods.jpg (735KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Whole Foods.jpg
735KB, 2048x1536px
Is it financially feasible to run a restaurant in the style of chipotle but with the options of Wholefood?
Realistically there is no healthy options these days of a restaurant people want to eat, no ONE place dedicated to your health and wellbeing.
Is it, I ask is it possible to profit off of the millennial generation with a concept like this?
>>
I imagine you are going to end up throwing away a whole shitload of fresh produce. this is why restaurants have menus with a limit to the amount of dishes served, so they can keep in stock what they need rather than keeping in stock every fruit and vegetable which you cannot guarantee everyone will purchase, then it goes bad and you can't sell it so end up with lots of wastage. isn't what you are suggesting kind of like a salad bar, or just a restaurant that sells healthy dishes, pretty sure those already exists. I am not sure what you mean run a restaurant like wholefoods since it's a supermarket.
>>
Healthy restaurants/fast food already exist bud.
>>
>>1988823
fast casual like chipotle maybe?
>>
>is it feasible to run a restaurant

no
>>
>>1989132
Why not? Not a get rich quick thing but if it wasn't feasible to run a restaurant, there would be none.
>>
>>1989225
How about this, if it was feasible, there would be more restaurants.
>>
>>1988673
>what is subway

me and millions of others already have it daily so you are a little late
>>
>>1989900
>Subway
>Healthy
Not necessarily
>>
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-chipotle-oral-history/
I couldn't find the article I wanted but there was a really great one documenting chipotle's entire history from the foundation of the idea to getting acquired by mcdonalds.
Chipotle's main edge was rice/beans being cheap as fuck and the customer being okay paying a higher price than McDs.
If you seriously think you can offer more options than Chipotle when even they had to raise their prices just to offer what they did then, then you're already making a difficult business even more difficult.
You'd have to raise the price, which is already high for this sort of business, then you'd have to promote the main aspects of health and variety. In the first place, people aren't going to a restaurant for variety, they have places like whole foods for that shit.
You're trying to compete in the health food industry with something that doesn't look like an edge to me, so I don't see why you find the idea appealing.
What I think you could do though is what I've seen at mariano's, which is you have a bigger selection of options and then group them together into a smaller store, basically a health food convenience mart with restaurant seating and prices. Sort of a hybrid.
In Mariano's they have a 'fresh' area where you can order and eat as well as order to go, I think a lot of people like the presentation aspect of that idea, makes it seem like you're buying from a shop but it's really just a smaller store.
>>1989916
Subway is an absolute piece of shit and is overpriced. I've worked with their 'bread', they ship it in boxes frozen and they look like a icicle of dough. They break them off then put it in some siliform and bake it up to the size you see them at.
No way that's healthy. As for the veggies and whatever, I can't say, but from all the nutritional information I know bread isn't much different from a candy bar. Chipotle is even worse because they load up even more with the rice and beans.
>>
>>1988673
The only regions this could succeed in are the regions where it costs to much to run a restaurant and you would have to much competition
>>
>>1988673
>chipotle
>healthy
>a regular burrito with chicken and rice is 800 calories
People dont go to chipotle because its healthy.
They go because its fresh and its not a burger.
You can always make a salad restraunt but good luck choosing a location that will get you customers.
I recommend near a college but you will pay out the ass for the location.
>>
File: saladbar2[1].png (3MB, 1600x978px) Image search: [Google]
saladbar2[1].png
3MB, 1600x978px
But Whole Foods does exactly this in their deli/salad bar/hot food section.
>>
>>1989900

>Subway
>Healthy

Amerifats truly are brainwashed.
>>
>>1989132
this

>>1989225
It's not even a get rich slow thing. Unlike retail where as long as you have good recognition you don't need to the best piece of real estate restaurants (look at Carpet or Bathroom fittings... low cost, usually out of town) you need good location, good Front of House staff, and you need to manage the egos and conflicts of the kitchen staff. You know those people like never have a consistent sex life because they work such weird hours don't you?

Then there's suppliers, what happens if you can't get those organic peppers because it's the end of the season, now you need to change the menu. Aww but the customers are complaining, no one comes in through the door because the star attraction isn't there.

Also after a few months, people get bored, they find new regular haunts... now you need to rebrand! cost $$$

Literally everyone thinks a restaurant will be a cakewalk, but it's probably even more difficult to run than a nightclub, another notoriously difficult industry that everyone else things is piss easy
>>
I've invested in a couple resturaunts before. The "there is no place for healthy fast food!" is repeated constantly, like it's some sort of stroke of genius.

>gosh, what if... we had a fast food operations... that served healthy food! We will totally corner the market for healthy people wanting to grab some quick meals! Nobody else is doing this!

Except.. tons of people are doing it and these businesses die off so quickly that you don't even know they existed.
>>
>>1990192
I enjoyed your tear down of restaurants as a business

Can you do the same for night clubs?
>>
Healthy or not or whatever your idea is - hear me out. Have you ever run a restaurant before? You may have the greatest idea, but if you haven't been in the industry, managed or even worked - don't even bother. Restaurants are cut throat business, every % costs counts. You'd be lucky to come out with 5-10% net. Your food cost off by a couple %, wages off, wastage etc. Next thing you know your at 2-3% or just scrapping by. Add equipment maintenance plus many more obstacles.
Add in customers.... oh good lord if you have never worked in the industry I urge you to get a job as a waiter for a week or two and try it. Customers can suck the big ol fat D!!! They are the most pickiest, pathetic creatures that walk this planet. They can be rude, arrogant, pretty much cunts and will.make your life hell, whilst you stand there smiling saying can how can I make you not give me a bad review on FB or google.
>>
The whole foods near me already has this. It's called clover and apparently made a lot of money in the city so they expanded.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.