[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is gold mining worth the time and money i was thinking of getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Gold 4x3.jpg (256KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gold 4x3.jpg
256KB, 640x480px
is gold mining worth the time and money i was thinking of getting a sluice box and going out gold prospecting in the mountains.
>>
No.
>>
Very high risk. Moderate reward.
>>
You'd have better luck doing this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005817/New-York-man-makes-500-week-gold-pavement-cracks.html
>>
>>1987070
Nope.
>>
Unless you live in the right area, probably not.

But it can be kinda fun (I did it once. Didnt find anything but had a few beers and a good time).

If you live next to an area where there could be some might be a fun hobby, I just wouldnt plan on making any money off it
>>
>>1987070
Nope, went gold prospecting recently and found fuckall. Unless you know shitloads about geology, know where to look, have a really good metal detector, have good technique and are really really lucky then no, you won't find gold. If it was easy then everyone would be doing it.
>>
>>1987070
Prospector here. You can make a fair profit further west I hear but you'll have to brave the oregon trail to get there
>>
>>1987361
Stay home. We're full.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv3gYioDH8E
>>
>>1987070
you actually make more money washing dishes at the local diner. Probably get laid more and have more fun too.
>>
>>1988946
My first thought too.

>GOO-O-OLD in these hills...
>>
If you are in a location with lots of gold go for it. There are plenty of cheap ways to do this sort of thing. Now personally I've found way more gold in dumpsters by just looking for old pc towers.
>>
Legal? Yes
Interesting? Absolutely
Cool job? Definately?
Reward? Variable
Difficult? Extremely

But you cant just rock up to a mountain with a pan and expect to be mining a decent amount of gold. You have to invest in big fucking machines like they do on TV. Its the only way
>>
>>1990781

I found a little over an ounce last weekend at one of my favorite spots with about 4 hours labor. I use a pan, a bucket, and a simple sluice box which don't qualify as "big fucking machines". The runoff from the rains this year in California will make it an interesting panning season. But please, stay home. We're full.
>>
File: Untitled.png (811KB, 743x554px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
811KB, 743x554px
Did some prospecting in dry arroyos with a shovel, bucket, pan, and a lot of hard work and heavy lifting. Very rich soil but challenging to work since you had to carry in your own water so no ability to set up sluice. Was certainly not profitable but tons of fun and extremely good exercise.
>>
>>1989952
>If you are in a location with lots of gold go for it.

>>1991538
>one of my favorite spots

>>1987123
>the right area

w-which areas?
>>
If that retard autist Parker can do it anyone can
>>
>>1987070
no senpai x
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.