[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say you got a job offer and accepted it. Agreed on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1492975739146.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1492975739146.png
13KB, 657x527px
Let's say you got a job offer and accepted it. Agreed on your orientation date.

But then you got another job offer from another company two days later which is much better and is close to your dream job.

How would you respond to the first company and tell them you're uninterested in working for them? Am I just overthinking this?
>>
It's a shitty thing to do, but at the end of the day you have to do what's in your best interests. As for what you tell the first company, just be direct and concise. Tell you feel bad about the late notice, but your circumstances have changed and you'll no longer be able to accept the job. Thank them for the opportunity, and end the call.

Think about it this way: if something happened at the first company and suddenly they no longer needed you, they'd withdraw their offer and tell you the exact same thing.
>>
>>1984888
I guess you didn't sign a contract yet? Otherwise, cancel your first offer as soon as possible. The company then has enough time to offer the job to somebody else. It isn't great but it's understandable.
>>
Just say you have another offer. You don't owe them shit. Think how fast they would discard you.
>>
>>1984912
>>1984913
>>1984917
Thanks guys. I'll do this.

I just always feel awful about this kind of stuff but you're totally right about how they wouldn't spare me the same respect. Kind of how the employee always has to give two weeks notice to quit but the employer can just cut you on the spot and it's acceptable.
>>
Tell them to cuck off.
>>
>>1984917
/thread
>>
>>1984913
>I guess you didn't sign a contract yet?
Unless you're freelancing or consulting you remain an at will employee and the contract.

Make sure everything is solid with company #2 first though.
>>
>>1985290
*the contract will say as much
Even with freelancing I don't know if they could even sue you for just bailing on them.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.