[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /biz/ I just got my MBA and a new job with it. I am currently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

So /biz/ I just got my MBA and a new job with it.

I am currently living in my parent's house while they live in another state. Watching over things etc but I want to buy my own place. My question is do you think there will be a recession anytime in the near future? It's currently a seller's market and I don't want to get fucked.
>>
>>1984649
There has been at least a mild recession every 10 years or so for a while (83, 92, 01, 07) so I'd guess probably in the next 3 years.
>>
Depends on your local market and how long you plan on keeping the house. Was this area hit hard by the last housing recession? Also, compare rent prices... as they have skyrocketed vs. a mortgage payment.

If you plan to keep the house more than 10 years, I wouldn't try to time the market because housing prices will go down but interest rates will go up. This may or may not offset any differences, just something to think about.

Also - What will you be putting down. More than 20% is preferable as you wont have to pay PMI.

If you are not borrowing, disregard the financing advice.
>>
>>1984674
I live in ATL and I am aiming for 20% currently.
>>
>>1984680

If the price of the house is near the current median price of a house in ATL, I wouldn't worry about timing the market.

If the house is significantly more than the median house price.. these are the properties that will be at the most risk for going underwater... which consequently gives deal seekers like you an opportunity to snatch up a nice house on the cheap.

If your house is indeed in the median housing price range for that area... and the value happens to plummet, you could always rent the property out and regain your equity and use that income stream to buy another house on the cheap.

So in that situation, you'd have one house that's paying for itself + profit and an even newer house that will regain value when market picks back up. You could then flip house #2 when housing market picks back up for an easy five figure profit.
>>
>>1984700
This makes sense. I appreciate it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.