[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i become a doctor? Im pretty good at anything but especially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2364.jpg (44KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2364.jpg
44KB, 400x289px
Should i become a doctor? Im pretty good at anything but especially talented for art but that road seems less and less likely.

I could become a doctor and retire early. Maybe do art on the side? Idk

Any doctors here?
>>
File: 1321788936530.jpg (333KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1321788936530.jpg
333KB, 960x1280px
>>1984216

Yes, there are. Don't do it. It'll eat your life and soul away.
>>
>>1984226
Legit. Brazilian doctor here and I say it just isn't worth it.
>>
>>1984216
Only if you have a decade and a spare 500k that you want to waste on schooling for the priviledge of working 16hr days so you can make twice as much as those poor cucks who work 8hr days.
>>
>>1984234
Even with lots of disapline? Im in college, going for btech in mechanical engineering technology and focusing in 3d printing and prostetics and
I study 5 hours a day for fun anyway.

Could i just start studying doctor stuff now and make med skool easier?

Or should i become a product designer and own a business involved with 3d printing and medical stuff?
>>
>>1984317
>Or should i become a product designer and own a business involved with 3d printing and medical stuff?
if you want to dive into bussiness, you can always hire others for the expertise you lack, if you plan to start trying once you're a generalist you're going to suck at everything
>>
I'm a freshly minted doc.
Do not I repeat do not go to med school for the money.
>>
>>1984342
Good point, thanks
>>
>>1984226
>>1984234
>>1984343
What's the problem? The studying, the work hours, the stuff you see at the workplace, or something else?
>>
>>1984216

>Doctor
>Retire early

LMAO

You won't be "living" until age 50, and with the way malpractice insurance rates are nowadays it won't be much of a living.

Doctors and Lawyers are now meme jobs, because times have changed.
>>
>>1984400
Wut if i do military doctor. They cant be sued for malpractice i think
>>
I you want to make bank while working in the medical field get a Masters in Nursing Anesthesiology. If you want to make money with art find a way to incorporate it.

If you want to HELP people, become a doctor and volunteer your time. If you just want to CREATE art either have a trust fund/passive income or leave it as a hobby.

There are ways to make money in both fields, but it requires a proper analyzation of the times/field.

Five great all-time investments: land, precious metals/gems, water/food, art, and liqour/wines.

Some current relevant investments: bio-engineering, biotech, pension management, and internet of things. Or as Warren Buffet said more or less: if you want to get rich by investing invest in what you know.

If you want to get a Doctorate for you, by all means. Just not to get rich quick. You'll be disappointed. I highly recommend getting a high education, but it just depends upon what you do if you want to retire early.
>>
>>1984408

Do you want to be in the military? People who want to be doctors and pilots via the military leave at some point...which you will then have to get malpractice insurance, and what the military pays compared to the private sector is pennies.
>>
>>1984453
they definitely pay pennies, but will pay for the degree.

should owe them 6years active duty after schooling. prob best way to go if your ok with the military life and not having debt.
>>
Become a dentist.
You can be artsy if you are interested in esthetic dental restorations.

>t. dentist
>>
>>doctror
>>age of ai and neural networks computers

lel

no seriously, what i see and i wont back it up with facts but please go ahead and look it up yourself is that doctors will be no more rather soon. Diagnostics and treatments will be operated by machines.

What will doctors do? Probably will be where computers cannot be for a while and then become nurses. Nurses is really something that is needed and cannot really replaced by robots because indeed humans need human interactions.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (219KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
219KB, 600x800px
>>1984375

All of the above. Studying is hard and never truly over.

The work hours range between catastrophic and hellish depending on your country (60-80/week). For a good part of your career you'll be frequently fucking up your wake-sleep cycle and missing family holidays while working in the ER.

The work itself is very often quite miserable being surrounded by suffering, strange smelling liquids and a stressful work environment where you can snuff out people's lives with a tiny mistake.

Also, your idea of doing art on the side is completely unrealistic. For most of your career you'll feel fortunate if you manage to get almost enough sleep or sufficient pee-breaks. Maybe a hot meal from time to time. When you eventually progress enough to have a more humane workload you'll be 45-50 years old and a burnt out husk of a man/woman. Also, no normal social life for you : you're a doctor, not a person.

TL;DR : don't do it, it's a bad idea especially if your motivation is doing something else on the side.
>>
Problem is mate, your income is based off of Government regulations/spending.

When people say ' they don't earn a lot ' it just means with the amount of effort it requires to become a registered Doctor, Speciality training, competitiveness of the placements and some luck involved; it's genuinely not worth it.

If you're passionate about the medical field and can see yourself devoting yourself for your entire life to helping people, it's perfect.

Medicine isn't what is used to be, the money has long gone. If you're ambitious you'll be earning great money when you're 50, just expect to miss out on your kids birthday.
Think wisely.
>>
>>1984910

I think medicine is a shitty field too, but you'd be a fool to think it'd be overtaken by computers or robotics in our lifetime. At best, they are simply another tool in a doctor's arsenal. Even something like Watson/[AI of your choice] is highly dependent on the data set it is fed.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.