[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm finishing my junior year of college. I'm a finance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

I'm finishing my junior year of college. I'm a finance major but I'm worried I won't be able to find a job after I graduate. Do I have a reason to be worried?
>>
>Do I have a reason to be worried?

Yes. And I replied because the pic made me laugh.
>>
>>1982720
40k starting analyst is you
>>
>>1982720
Yes, get with your professors and your school to see who they are networked with. Schools love getting their students into their respective fields because it looks good for the school.
>>
File: 1478688370140.jpg (100KB, 706x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478688370140.jpg
100KB, 706x1024px
>Do I have a reason to be worried?

I work in finance.

Most of the big cats in finance (capital markets) are engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics and even life science majors. Even accounting majors have more finance jobs. Finance majors generally turn into bank tellers (soon to be taken over by automation) or financial advisors (soon to be taken over by automation).
>>
>>1982720
Better start successfully trading crypto fgt its ur only hope with that uselesd major desu
>>
>>1982720
Yes, take this advice >>1982767, do internships, apply early and often
>>
>>1982776

I have a Econ BA from a State school and about 3 years experience as a Mortgage Loan Officer.

Never really thought about applying to work in finance as either a broker/IB/analyst but now I have grown quite disinterested in my current job. Almost 0 growth and its more of being chummy with realtors( most of which are retarded) to get business.It could pan out being a alright to lucrative career but I want the large corp. aspect to grow and accelerate with.

What do you think my odds are of switching into finance as some one in the industry.

Things going for me tall white good looking dude who is good at math and can charm people from being in sales for way to long.
>>
File: 1472608918983.jpg (30KB, 460x661px) Image search: [Google]
1472608918983.jpg
30KB, 460x661px
>>1983164
To be honest bro, at least in Canada where I'm from things are not looking pretty. Half of my friends who graduated finance last year and the year before are still unemployed and the remaining traditional broker/trader/advisor jobs are disappearing as I said due to automaton.

Since you already have sales experience and I'm assuming you have decent knowledge of financial products a bank offers I can recommend something possibly in wealth management or private banking if you can manage to find the clients. Robo advisors (not kidding, look it up) may replace the run-of-the-mill clients that the bank doesn't give a shit about (like the economy section of a plane) but the more higher net worth individuals will still get special and personal human treatment. If not that I recommend you go into the only thing left booming in finance - financial technology. Learn VBA and SQL (maybe another programming language if you can) and find a contractor with good financial institution clients to send you out to work as a fintech consultant. This can even be in the fields of business analysis and project management, you don't have to be a programmer, there are opportunities even for people like you. The pay will initially be shit because the contractor will rob you, but you will acquire experience and a career that will be much more fool-proof for the actual future than a job a robot could do in 5 years.

Hope that somewhat helps.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.