[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disclaimer: I'm a retard Why are people who make hundreds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Disclaimer: I'm a retard

Why are people who make hundreds of millions a year still allowed to have write-offs? Isn't the nature of write-offs to help people who spend nearly half of their paycheck on travel/food/whatnot, because they'd go bankrupt without it? I don't know why people who are that rich get these kinds of benefits, and I'd love to be enlightened as to why.
>>
>>1981464
because the people who set the policies are also rich, it's not hard to figure out anon
>>
>>1981464
To incentivize certain types of behavior
>>
File: Capture_19.jpg (46KB, 663x529px) Image search: [Google]
Capture_19.jpg
46KB, 663x529px
>>1981464
Don't confuse deductions with taxes paid. The top 5% of the wealthy pay almost 60% of all taxes in the U.S., and the top 1% pay almost 40% just themselves. The poorfags in the bottom 50% pay barely anything.

So feel free to bitch and whine about the tax code, because its the tax dollars of the rich who pay for the freedom you enjoy. You're welcome.
>>
>>1981464
Purchases for business are generally not taxed since the end product is.

that's it.
we can write off what we spend on business. Not what we spend on ourselves during our personal time in most cases.
>>
>>1981464

You're right, you are retarded
>>
>>1981639
considering the top .01 pcercent of US holds more than the bottom 90 perecent, its's nowhere near even still
>>
>>1981660

You're arguing apples and oranges.

Wealth and income are two different things.

And you can't argue that the tax code keeps people poor when the poor pay no taxes. In fact, lots of working poor have an effective tax rate less than zero, because they get back more in refundable tax credits than they have withheld in payroll taxes.
>>
>>1981660

Top .01% pays more in taxes than the entire bottom 90% too
>>
>>1981464

There are a lot of reasons too numerous to get into here. The bottom line is that, because of the progressive tax code, high income people pay higher taxes (in both dollars and percent of income) than low earners do. And then there's the AMT to ensure that not too much income goes untaxed.

In your example, "write offs" are immaterial to someone earning hundreds of millions, because so much of their income is taxed at 40%. Who cares if someone paying $30M a year in taxes gets their tax bill reduced by $16k for mortgage interest deductions?
>>
>>1981464

Uh dude you shouldn't have to pay taxes on money that just went back into making the business function.

If a person makes $100,000 a year, but their expenses were $90,000 then they only made $10,000.

DUH
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.