[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy something online with bitcoin >have to give shipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (19KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 231x218px
>buy something online with bitcoin
>have to give shipping address for the goods to be delivered
>seller uses blockchain explorer to check my address
>he can see how much I have in my wallet and every transaction I've made
>mfw this is all public record
>"bitcoin will eliminate fraud! It will eliminate tax evasion!"

So let me get this straight. They plan to eliminate fraud and tax evasion by making every single bank account and every single transaction, public record?

Am I the only one who sees cryptocurrencies completely destroying our privacies if more normies start using it?
>>
Just use multiple wallets for different things
>>
>>1979867
Are you dumb? Just ONE address is enough to expose you identity and everything in your wallet after you provide your shipping address for buying PHYSICAL goods.
>>
Normal practise is yo use a different address for every transaction. But yes, normies could easily leak their privacy. This is why you should look into monero, it's privacy centric.
>>
>>1979872
No you still don't get it. If Bitcoin is adapted by major businesses, If you buy PHYSICAL products you HAVE to provide a shipping address to your house. Someone could easily trace your identity with the address and know you have 100 BTC in your wallet and then easily deduce your entire transaction history
>>
>>1979878
Yes, I get what you're saying. That's why I'm saying monero is a good idea, since it doesn't leak balances or tx amounts.

Otherwise, use xmr.to and you can pay in bitcoin anonymously. Otherwise, use a mixer as you pay. They'll have trouble finding out what's yours.

If you're more worried about your name and physical address associated with btc addresses, then use a proxy address or find another way. I've been buying stuff for 4 years off an address that has no name, it just goes straight to the post office.
>>
>>1979871
No I mean can't you just transfer the amount you need from a vault wallet to a different wallet to buy it. Then wouldn't they just see the balance on your buy wallet for the amount the product was? Idk though I'm not very well versed in this stuff
>>
>>1979887
They can move one step back and see where that money came from as well.
>>
>>1979885
>just use a fake shipping address bro xD xD

Not all of us use crypto for illicit transactions m8...

If crypto ever becomes adopted by big retailers like walmart or amazon, if you ever buy shit they'll know every cent you have in your wallet and what your last transactions were. All it takes is for one hacker or disgruntled employee to leak it all
>>
>>1979890
I don't use it for illicit stuff either. I just prefer that no one knows where I live.

And again, that's why you should use currencies that mix your money all the time..
>>
>>1979892
Yeah, but you won't have that luxury anymore if crypto is used more widely and the government starts adopting it
>>
>>1979893
It works for now. I'll make do as I need while it lasts and I'll continue using monero/private money.
>>
>>1979859
have you ever heard of a hwd wallet you retard? Currencies will be saving our privacy you moron.
>>
bitcoin really isn't gonna work for the day to day transactions like you would do with your credit card. It is more like the safe deposit you have in your bank, with all your savings. Then you transfer it to your credit card (monero, pivx, etc) to be used for that shit.
>>
>>1979859
>he does not know how to launder his bitcoins
you seem like a newbie in crypto world
>>
>>1979946
So why not link a guide or resource to show how to do it instead of being an asspie autismo?
>>
>>1979859
think twice about spreading your bs
>>
Who cares, Bitcoin will never catch on. Its been almost 10 years now and what's it reached? Shitcolon Valley tier meme hype that quickly vanished.
>>
>>1979859

If you are truly concerned about giving out your shipping address, then get a PO box at the post office and use that instead.

Or just buy shit online with Paypal like a normal human being.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.